Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: [ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)

Quote Originally Posted by sylvaniaguy View Post
    Just flashed this rom over the AreaRomQ 2.1 and I love it so far. I was wondering how or if i need to update this rom? Too bad those Arearom guys have bad taste in color cause i love that rom for the most part. Just faster to try this one vs doing a kitchen themed deal. How about the question above me do you need root for this LMFAO!
    Yeah guess I should have done a bit of homework first but seeing as it's all kind of new to me I thought that maybe a bunch of people who know everything about all this could just give a simple answer to somebody with less knowledge. Forgive me I just didn't know if you could use this as a straight update file or not but now I know thanks for the help.

ROM
    VeganTAB, AreaRom

does this work on the slider? and if so does MMS still work? Arearom breaks the MMS ability of the slider.
    Viewsonic GTab (JB Alpha)
    LG Optimus V
    LG Optimus Slider (Arearom)

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

... wow.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

ROM
    VeganTAB, AreaRom

What wow, its a legitimate question. Ever since I installed your arearom I can not send nor receive SMS messages. I realize you now have a new job and can no longer work on it. So I need to move on.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    LG Optimus V

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Read the thread... this has been covered. I'm not trying to be rude but your phones not completely supported. I just don't have the time to work on it anymore. The q works fine... the vm701 has issues because of ciq implementation in the stock q kernel and rom.

This means any q rom would have the same problems. Its explained in the thread. Its nothing we did its lge.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

ROM
    VeganTAB, AreaRom

I was not aware all q roms break mms it only says that it does in user comments on some releases of some roms. That's why I asked. I know you don't have time to work on anything. This isn't a thread about or to you, I was asking questions about switching over from your rom because of the mms problems. You took that as a personal attack and it was not an attack of any kind. I was genuinly asking legitimate questions.

Sent from my LG Optimus Slider (Mobster 1.4)
    LG Optimus V
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Let's chill out, guys. No need to get cranky.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

amazinglarry, this rom is AMAZING. Thank you for sharing it with us. My phone has new life thanks to you.

Update to my post above:

I LOVE this rom but unfortunately had to replace it with another because I couldn't get bluetooth to work right with my Motorola Roadster handsfree device. It refused to connect and wouldn't match up the keys. If this issue is ever addressed, I'll happily jump right back to the Engdroid in a heartbeat.

Just wanna say, thanks! I did a blind search for a rom that would work with lgl55c, found this one, and installed it a few minutes later. I'm absolutely amazed with it! Installed it just fine and the whole thing is running smoothly. Great job !

I am getting boot loops whenever I charge the phone boots fine otherwise

I sugest tryind AreaRomQ v2.1 over at AndroidArea51.com it has two overclocked kernels also!! I love it...
    My benchmarks are above 4500 with antutu...

Sent from my LGL55C with AreaRomQ V2.1 at 876mhz using Tapatalk 2

so ive downloaded the rom. unzipped it on the sd card. did the clearing. when i try to update the rom, it dosent see the boot part of it so it never lets me go to starting. just for grins i have the zipped file there also, it dosent like that either. What am i missing?

You need to have a custom recovery if ypu do you need the original zip he has posted

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

how do you install it.....

ROM
    BobZHome-

You're gonna need a rooted phone, recovery, and then you boot into recovery to install. Read the stickied thread on how to do all this on the index of this forum

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

awesome rom

Ok let start by saying I love this rom! I've been using it for about a month, but I left my tether running over night Friday so my daughter could use my Wi-Fi and all of the sudden all incoming calls come in as unknown even numbers that are in my ccontacts. Could you please help me with this? Like I said i absolutly love this rom and I really don't wanna change it but I guess I will if I have to. Thanks for your time
    Last edited by Patrick Schroedl; 03-19-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Can anybody help me with trying to get this done. I'm new to all of this stuff and would like to learn

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    I replaced the boot.img in the EngdroidQ rom with the one from the stock Slider rom using winrar without extracting anything so I guess there shouldn't be any problems. I'll edit this post later with my results. If it does work, will it get mentioned on the first post? I'll test drive it and report any bugs I find, and I'll provide a link to the rom if anything, if that's ok with amazinglarry of course

Edit1: It works flawlessly. Just had to replace the boot.img with the Slider one, and edited the build.prop a bit so the device is recognized as the Slider, and I also had to install GingerKernel with it to fix wifi.

If I had someone's permission, I'd like to share it. This rom is pretty godlike, for now

Edit2: How can I switch the baseband for one from the Slider? Is that even possible?
    Can I have the files or can you tell me what you edited so I can put this rom on my slider?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123