[ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)

amazinglarry

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
F2dfb.png

This is my personal rom for the LGL55c (Straight Talk Optimus Q)
DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!

99% from scratch using the deodexed rom i posted earlier last month

Features:

Rooted
Busybox
Notifications Toggles by j4velin - accessible from Settings menu, customize icons and colors, add apps as well
Wifi Tether - accessible from Settings menu (adhoc only)
Apps2SD - Link2SD included for sd-ext apps2sd - Choose which apps you want moved.
Extra Settings - Spare Parts (fast animations wont affect crt screen animations)
DSP Manager - cyanogenmod
ADWLauncher - cyanogenmod and anderwebs
FlashPlayer 11
CRT Screen on and off animations - script from terminal (crt-on or crt-off reboot required)
Root file browser included - thanks jrummy16
Reboot and recovery options in power menu
Dark blue theme
Updated google apps
Working sound recorder
Terminal - Connectbot
Blue Droid Bootanimation
Updated themed Swype default input method
Zipalign and Sqlie optimization tweaks at boot - jcole20
Carrier IQ disabled - Rookie407, myself (detection apps will still stay it's there, have no fear)\
Brick saver - System Updates removed
Ubuntu fonts and custom lockscreen clock font
Toggle shutdown and startup sounds from terminal - shutsoundtoggle and bootsoundtoggle
Kernel:
Working ADB Shell
Network buffer size tweaks - Droidhost
Init.d support - Run scripts at boot /system/etc/init.d
Init.local.rc support (Advanced)

Working:
Everything i believe

Not Working:
You tell me

Standard CYA (cover your ass) disclaimer applies:
I am not responsible for your device exploding, not working or anything otherwise that you may have done to achieve such results. If something isnt working, you probably did something wrong

Make a nandroid backup, a clean wipe is recommended, but i have tested flashing over an existing ARQ install with no adverse effects. Flash from recovery.

want more internal space? use the built in Link2SD, alternatively if you have an ext partition and want to move the dalvik cache open terminal and type: dalvik2ext reboot only required if you want free space to update. to use terminal open irssi connectbot skip through the tutorial and in the dropdown box select local and hit enter.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions i'll be happy to address them if you arent a jerk about it. If you are... have fun with that.

If something is wrong i cant fix it unless you tell me, so let her rip.

In order to use the Apps2SD from Link2SD you need to parition your sdcard. Find a guide, we arent covering that here. Hint: use recovery. backup your sdcard first.

Depending on reception, slider rom may come soon.

Screenshots:
jRTTC.png
lRUXD.png

zFHKB.png
GbXxX.png

Matching Facebook widget APK

visit AndroidArea51 - that's where i live. Join the fun.

SERIOUSLY... DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My name is jcole20 and I approve of this rom :p

Edit: I wanna make a small note here:

AmazingLarry is a member of Team AndroidArea51, and a very experienced developer. This is his personal rom (all his own work outside of his short list of credits) seperate from any work he does for Team Area51. And I've used this rom and think it's awesome. Larry is more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to developing and you all should definitely give it a shot. Don't get me wrong I'm Team AndroidArea51 myself, but it's taken a lot of work to give the Q users this much of a choice in roms. Enjoy this rom and definitely try it out :).

Last edited:

demoptimus

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely Amazing rom!
Thoughts after installing: This is an awesome rom! Period, anyone who wants to try something other than the default should have a look at this!

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This looks dope, I sometimes wish I would've gotten the Q instead of the Slider.. :/

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This looks dope, I sometimes wish I would've gotten the Q instead of the Slider.. :/

No reason to fret porting these q roms over to the slider is very easy. Viable ports will come I'm sure. In the meantime you could always work on it yourself... id start with the kernel that's the big issue with porting. Check adb shell and the features of the phone like keymapping and wake/sleep if u test.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
No reason to fret porting these q roms over to the slider is very easy. Viable ports will come I'm sure. In the meantime you could always work on it yourself... id start with the kernel that's the big issue with porting. Check adb shell and the features of the phone like keymapping and wake/sleep if u test.

I wish I knew how to develop, the day I get a rempalcement laptop I'll start looking into it again.

demoptimus

May 27, 2011
Visit site
One thing I had noticed, and this may just be user error: After installing the rom, my wifi connection at home would drop after the phone idling. I adjusted my screen shut off timer to 10 minutes and that seemed to remedy the issue somewhat. I know with the stock rom I had before I had to adjust some setting to keep the wifi from timing out even when the phone went to sleep. Is there such an option in this rom? Was nosing around with the rom for a few hours the other day and couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to wireless settings in settings. Click on wifi networks or wifi properties whatever it is. Then hiit the menu button and select advanced. Click on wifi sleep policy and set it to never.

alethio2k

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Personal thank you to JCole and AmazingLarry. Never thought I'd have options when it came to the Optimus Q. For a long time I considered selling it because I hated the stock rom. Anyway thanks guys!

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
will defiantly be trying this ROM out here shortly. i just Arearom 1.3 and i love it so imma stick with it for a bit then try this one out. keep use posted with any changes of if anything else comes up. thanks for all your hard work man

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Personal thank you to JCole and AmazingLarry. Never thought I'd have options when it came to the Optimus Q. For a long time I considered selling it because I hated the stock rom. Anyway thanks guys!

Thank you... larry and I are in regular contact. Just trying to come up with ideas now. Kinda running out of ideas of stuff to improve performance. Arq v1.3 has everything I know to implement in it lol. And engdroid is awesome... lol its time to start updating the os itself.

tony_duane

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
On a fresh clean install when I go to set install location in link2sd I get failed, [1] killed /system/bin/sh /...
Any idea as to what could be wrong there?

Also, with link2sd, I have it set to autolink and everytime I install an app abd it links it I have to reboot before opening the app or it fcs every time. Is this normal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know. Id have to flash the rom again and try to recreate the issue. Give me a bit and ill see if I can figure it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969