[ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)
01-05-2015 04:52 PM
This is my personal rom for the LGL55c (Straight Talk Optimus Q)
DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!
99% from scratch using the deodexed rom i posted earlier last month
Notifications Toggles by j4velin - accessible from Settings menu, customize icons and colors, add apps as well
Wifi Tether - accessible from Settings menu (adhoc only)
Apps2SD - Link2SD included for sd-ext apps2sd - Choose which apps you want moved.
Extra Settings - Spare Parts (fast animations wont affect crt screen animations)
DSP Manager - cyanogenmod
ADWLauncher - cyanogenmod and anderwebs
CRT Screen on and off animations - script from terminal (crt-on or crt-off reboot required)
Root file browser included - thanks jrummy16
Reboot and recovery options in power menu
Dark blue theme
Updated google apps
Working sound recorder
Terminal - Connectbot
Blue Droid Bootanimation
Updated themed Swype default input method
Zipalign and Sqlie optimization tweaks at boot - jcole20
Carrier IQ disabled - Rookie407, myself (detection apps will still stay it's there, have no fear)\
Brick saver - System Updates removed
Ubuntu fonts and custom lockscreen clock font
Toggle shutdown and startup sounds from terminal - shutsoundtoggle and bootsoundtoggle
Working ADB Shell
Network buffer size tweaks - Droidhost
Init.d support - Run scripts at boot /system/etc/init.d
Init.local.rc support (Advanced)
Everything i believe
You tell me
Standard CYA (cover your ***) disclaimer applies:
I am not responsible for your device exploding, not working or anything otherwise that you may have done to achieve such results. If something isnt working, you probably did something wrong
Make a nandroid backup, a clean wipe is recommended, but i have tested flashing over an existing ARQ install with no adverse effects. Flash from recovery.
want more internal space? use the built in Link2SD, alternatively if you have an ext partition and want to move the dalvik cache open terminal and type: dalvik2ext reboot only required if you want free space to update. to use terminal open irssi connectbot skip through the tutorial and in the dropdown box select local and hit enter.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions i'll be happy to address them if you arent a jerk about it. If you are... have fun with that.
If something is wrong i cant fix it unless you tell me, so let her rip.
In order to use the Apps2SD from Link2SD you need to parition your sdcard. Find a guide, we arent covering that here. Hint: use recovery. backup your sdcard first.
Depending on reception, slider rom may come soon.
Matching Facebook widget APK
visit AndroidArea51 - that's where i live. Join the fun.
SERIOUSLY... DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!!!04-13-2012 08:06 PMLike 8
- My name is jcole20 and I approve of this rom :P
Edit: I wanna make a small note here:
AmazingLarry is a member of Team AndroidArea51, and a very experienced developer. This is his personal rom (all his own work outside of his short list of credits) seperate from any work he does for Team Area51. And I've used this rom and think it's awesome. Larry is more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to developing and you all should definitely give it a shot. Don't get me wrong I'm Team AndroidArea51 myself, but it's taken a lot of work to give the Q users this much of a choice in roms. Enjoy this rom and definitely try it out .04-13-2012 10:25 PMLike 1
Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk04-15-2012 01:41 PM
- No reason to fret porting these q roms over to the slider is very easy. Viable ports will come I'm sure. In the meantime you could always work on it yourself... id start with the kernel that's the big issue with porting. Check adb shell and the features of the phone like keymapping and wake/sleep if u test.
Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk
Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk04-15-2012 07:26 PM
- One thing I had noticed, and this may just be user error: After installing the rom, my wifi connection at home would drop after the phone idling. I adjusted my screen shut off timer to 10 minutes and that seemed to remedy the issue somewhat. I know with the stock rom I had before I had to adjust some setting to keep the wifi from timing out even when the phone went to sleep. Is there such an option in this rom? Was nosing around with the rom for a few hours the other day and couldn't find anything.04-16-2012 12:38 PM
- 04-17-2012 05:20 PM
Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk04-23-2012 05:19 PM
- On a fresh clean install when I go to set install location in link2sd I get failed,  killed /system/bin/sh /...
Any idea as to what could be wrong there?
Also, with link2sd, I have it set to autolink and everytime I install an app abd it links it I have to reboot before opening the app or it fcs every time. Is this normal?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!04-24-2012 12:28 PM
Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk04-30-2012 02:15 AM
- LG Android Phones
- More LG Phones
- LG Optimus Series
- Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider
[ROM]EngdroidQ LGL55C (ST Optimus Q)
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD