Please help, rooted phone tried to update

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My Slider is rooted and running Gelato. I walked by it and noticed that it was stuck at a LG logo screen that said "download in progress, do not disconnect cable". I panicked and pulled the battery. The phone seems to work and boot with the exception that it restarts constantly. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Wiping cache and dalvik in recovery seems to have fixed the restarting issue. But I still wonder what that attempted update was about. Any other Slider owners run into this?

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
One other thing i found interesting was that the movies tab in play store was available, I thought this was not available to rooted devices. Definitely did not appear in my rooted Optimus V.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
One other thing i found interesting was that the movies tab in play store was available, I thought this was not available to rooted devices. Definitely did not appear in my rooted Optimus V.

It never shows up on the V for me, the video tab has always been there on the Slider, even after rooting and installing different roms.

That's what I'm wondering. It looked like some sort of LG Update screen. I thought this did not happen to rooted phones.

I never knew GB self-updated

Sent from my LG-VM670 running CM9 Cold as Ice using Tapatalk

t0wer

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I got that message just about every night, only ever happened at night with the stock charger.
it would constantly reboot also.

the first couple times I waited to see if it would finish, after about 2+ hours of waiting I pulled the battery.

I changed the charger and it hasn't done it since.

Reactions: mustafu

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I was using a charger from my old Rumor Touch when it did that. Went back to the one it came with and all is well. Thanks