Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    AreaRomQ v1.4

Default Re: [ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

anything i can do to help? if i dont know how, i know how to read and find out

Quote Originally Posted by jcole20 View Post
    I'm gonna have to pull the cm7 source and his repo and use the source we have and fix the libs. Its a lot more than I thought it would be. I see why no one wants to port cyanogenmod.
    Bro, mobzter rom was ligit but this man, this is big!! I've been wating for this for a very long time.
    I appresiate your hard work man, don't give up. I'm counting on you
    I can be your tester if anything.
    Try to get more people on thee cm7SliderTeam
    Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Well I've been talking to rgh now off and on. Rgh, larry (hopefully), droidhost (hopefully) and myself are going to work on getting cm7 up and running for everyone. We're going to get it running on the q and slider if all goes well. Its going to take awhile and maybe some more compiles since bobzhomes repos are so incomplete. If you want this quicker I urge everyone to email lg's open source department and request the vendor source. Register as a developer and request the vendor source. Without vendor source this is going to be an extremely difficult task. I'm going to start enlisting help from the xda forums as well. Drewwalton if you read this, your gingerkernel github is awesome and I would really like to speak to you.

If you want this quicker I urge everyone to email lg's open source department and request the vendor source. Register as a developer and request the vendor source. Without vendor source this is going to be an extremely difficult task.
    Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, but is this not the source code on this website? If it's not, what is it? There's a 94MB file listed under VM701.

http://www.lg.com/global/support/ope...opensource.jsp

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Alright. Android source is like 9gb. Check that again... 9gb. That source on their site follows the gpl license in that its the source code to build the kernel and rom after merging with the android source. The problem we have, is that your phone has sensors, lights, camera, a keyboard, and that source code doesn't fall under the gpl license and that code isn't in that source they released. Basically their source will boot but nothing will work on it. Kinda like the cm7 above...

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

cyanogenmod7 is going to be amazing!!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

would it be easier to merge the kernel from GingerKernel to the CyanogenMod kernel?

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

I sort of tried that. Take the CyanogenMod kernel and the GingerKernel and do this. Put it in ubuntu with mkbootimg and unbootimg. Open a terminal window and have two folders holding the mkbootimg and unbootimg files. Eg those files both in a folder, and then that folder copied. now take the CM7 Kernel and put it in one of those folders and the GingerKernel and put it in the other. Navigate to that folder via a terminal window and type ./unbootimg boot.img (on both folders). This will split both the kernels to their kernel and their ramdisk. Now mkdir ramdisk in those folders. Pull the Ramdisk file and put it in that ramdisk folder. Cd to that folder and zcat boot.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz | cpio -idv ... this will split the ramdisk open so you can view it. Now compare just the ramdisks on the cm7 kernel and the gingerkernel. theres a lot of vendor data missing from the ramdisk. However just putting that vendor data in doesn't correct anything and apparently it kills wifi. So... my guess is we need to manually edit the entries to include this vendor data.

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Has anyone tried replacing the kernel with gingerkernel and seeing if that works

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

ROM
    MIUIv4

How's it coming?

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Cyanogenmod 9.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    Has anyone tried replacing the kernel with gingerkernel and seeing if that works

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    It don't work like that. You need a cyanogenmod kernel to run cyanogenmod. If it was as simple as pulling a stock based kernel to get it working we'd have done that a month ago. The issue is the lack of vendor source.

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

It don't work like that. You need a cyanogenmod kernel to run cyanogenmod. If it was as simple as pulling a stock based kernel to get it working we'd have done that a month ago. The issue is the lack of vendor source.

And we need LG's cooperation for that, don't we :/

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I thought you get the source code through Repo. Seems like all the vendor stuff was on the LG website.. Glad you guys are working on this though..

So what you are saying is, you cant pull the vendor blobs (.so files) from the stock kernel.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

K... the repos aren't complete. And the .so's from say the lib directory (just take the audio .so's stick them in) cause a boot loop.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

We need more people to register as a dev on lgs site and request the vendor data

ROM
    Stock

Just sent my 4th request

We need more people to register as a dev on lgs site and request the vendor data

A friend of mine loaned me this phone to use until the 3d phone comes out. If thats all you need to get cyanogenmod working for your phone, I would be happy to go beat on LG's door with you..

ROM
    Stock

Okay so this is what I got in an email from LG.

Thank you for your interest about our mobile phone.

We received your request on LG Open Source Code Distribution site(Open Source Main). This site is just for providing source codes of FOSS(Free and Open Source Software) we have used in our product.

We are very sorry that we cant provide the source code you requested. Because the source code doesnt have obligation to release. It isnt GPL or LGPL. And there are some important information about source code.

We hope this information will help you.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Lol and they're right... that's the biggest problem with porting cm7 is getting that vendor data. As a dev with samsung they'll provide it. Its much harder to do it without that data. Rhg and I are working together on this now to bring this to you all. Were talking about doing ics instead (cm9)... its going to be a hell of a battle to get this to you all. Id personally rather have cm7 but we may just get cm9. Either way we'll have something soon. I just released arearomq v1.5 in red and cyan themes to the vips at androidarea51.com today. This rom boosts benchmarks almost 400 points so it should tie everyone over until a cm release. Ill release it here on Tuesday. I/we are still working on this, I assure you. My goal is to get us slider and q users as much of a choice as possible. By the way, contrary to previous word on here... we have the same phones. The only difference is the keymapping at a kernel level. Our phones are the same. I'm working with rhg to get him to release arearom slider for u all. But in the meantime you're welcome to flash a slider kernel on top of my roms until then (if ur on a slider).

ROM
    Stock

I have actualy never used cm7...only cm9 on the Epic 4G. So I have no ide.a what I'm missing out on.

Whatever needs to be done I can do whatever needs to be done. I have all the time after work at night and early in the morn while the wife is at work. So I'm pretty open. Just let me know

ROM
    AreaRomQ v1.4

i got the same email as hezx from LG

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Yeah LGE's very uncooperative. Someone help me compile a list of the Hardware in the phone. We have a gelato board, the arm6 msm7x27 processor. I need the hardware info on the accelerometer and the camera. Specific model names. I'm going to start searching.. we'll have to look for hardware repos on these devices from other phones.

ROM
    Stock

I may be wrong, but I think the hardware is the same as the OV. I will still research though.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

It's not ...

But anyways, I fixed the sound today lol... so the rom now has sound. I just need to fix the keymapping, accelerometer, and the radio lol.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast