[ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on tapatalk and my screens small but ill take that k5 in ur avatar too if that's alright lol. I think its a k5... can't see it lol. Eh... actually after looking again looks more like the new body style. I hope I don't sound ridiculous I'm just hoping that's like a 92 k5.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol its my buddys 98 Grand Cherokee.
I have a 96 Grand Cherokee and I drool over his every day.... so envyous

But I do see how you think it was a K5

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

EvolNtent

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I was looking for hardware from the other Optimus phones and found this link to some .so files, but it seems like links are dead. That guy Blarf really knows his stuff. http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104423-building-your-own-rom.html I tried to contact some people on XDA to see if they maybe had some insight on getting the vendor blobs. there is a bunch of Optimus phones out there with different carriers, but your probably right about the hardware not matching, but its worth a look. Through my travels looking for stuff I found another carrier Home - VOYAGER Mobile and they offer the Galaxy S 2,. Not a bad deal 39 a month unlimited, but the phone costs 549.00.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah we will get cyanogenmod7 or ics... im. Sure. Some of this is just over my head. I'm perfectly capable though and I'm pretty sure I can do this now. But I'm thinking we need to build cm7 off the thunderc tree at this point. That's how I got sound working was using a thunderc tree builds engine.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol its my buddys 98 Grand Cherokee.
I have a 96 Grand Cherokee and I drool over his every day.... so envyous

But I do see how you think it was a K5

Don't be nice... I was drinking last night. That's obviously not a k5 lol. If I got a jeep I think id get a cj but that's me. Those cherokees are nice though.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol. I tried my buddys wrangler before I decided. My grand cherokee is stock and does better then any wrangler that I have driven.
Just sayin =D.

Lol back on topic. You need me to beta for you? I have all the time this week to do whatever so if you need a beta or any dev help let me know.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well... I just released the arearomq v1.5 yesterday. The problem is there's really nothing to beta at this point because we dont have a working radio. If we could get the radio working then we'd have something to beta lol. That list of hardware will help a lot though for the time being.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay ill try out the area rom real quick. Where is it located?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Honestly we need more experienced devs... this is a lot to debug and rhg is finishing school, I can't sync the repos like he is I'm on comcast. I can't be pulling 30gb... beyond that I don't really have the hardware to be compiling this stuff.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
hope you get this working I can't wait to get cyanogenmod on this phone I hate normal android and love cyanogenmod
EDIT:also anyone want to start on jelly bean/cyanogenmod 10 :D lol
EDIT2:how do I register as a dev?

Last edited:

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say this but I highly doubt this will see jelly bean. This thing could probably barely run ICS. Low RAM is a serious issue on older devices. CM7 looks awesome though. Gonna try it on my good ol' Optimus Q later. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Ice cream sandwich runs pretty smooth actually but audio acelorometer and radio don't work and it has a very annoying little mouse thing audio is a little buggy (headphones don't work) anyways I still need my question answered how do I register as a dev on lg's site

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
It don't work like that. You need a cyanogenmod kernel to run cyanogenmod. If it was as simple as pulling a stock based kernel to get it working we'd have done that a month ago. The issue is the lack of vendor source.

Actually this is wrong you do not need a cyanogenmod kernal we have a device over at slatedroid that the company won't release the source for the kernal which is illegal and it means we can't make a custom cyanogenmod kernal for it we've tried getting people.after them about it but they don't worry about it cuz they're just small fry yet we have cyanogenmod 6 7 and 9 for sure not sure about 8 but we do have a honeycomb rom for it I just haven't checked it out yet if you need to talk to the main 2 devs on how to make it run without a cyanogenmod kernal go to slatedroid then the pandigital novel part of it then to the firmware/development part of it and goto the clockworkmod rom section and post a question about it there to either randomblame or.chambejp

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non