Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Default Re: [ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by rosser View Post
    I hate to say this but I highly doubt this will see jelly bean. This thing could probably barely run ICS. Low RAM is a serious issue on older devices. CM7 looks awesome though. Gonna try it on my good ol' Optimus Q later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    LG myTouch 4G has about 100mbs less ram and still runs ICS smoothly

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CNA/CM9/Mirage

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    LG myTouch 4G has about 100mbs less ram and still runs ICS smoothly

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    the Lg optimus V runs JB quite nicely actually
    Guess whos coming back!

Any updates? I miss CM7 so badly (on my Optimus V.) I hope you awesome devs are still working on this :]

Has nobody checked out my post yet you can use a stock kernel with cyanogenmod my tablet still has the stock kernel it came with yet right now I'm running cyanogenmod 7 on it and if you don't believe me just look in any of the pandigital novel firmware/development sections of slatedroid that have to do with cyanogenmod (other than cm6)

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

I can confirm that Cyanogenmod runs fine with gingerkernal

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

Quote Originally Posted by dark_samus View Post
    I can confirm that Cyanogenmod runs fine with gingerkernal

so you can run cm7 with ginger kernel on the slider? What does/doesn't work?

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums

It doesn't make any difference in what does and doesn't work but it might mean less work in the future but I'm not that good with this stuff so it might not make any difference what soever I'm trying to see if I can decompile the .so's and get vendor blobs out of it but idt I can this is my first attempt at any of this stuff so I'm rather dumb on this stuff

EDIT: found a program to disassemble the .so's hopefully that's what we need I'll report any progress later

Last edited by dark_samus; 10-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Doesn't seem the disassembly of the .so's is what we need I'm trying one other thing that might work but I doubt it I should have that done tonight I'll see what happens

EDIT:has anyone checked out the live logcat and dmesg apps on the play store? Just curious if these are able to be outputted to a .txt file on the sdcard so I can install them and push in some of the .so's and reboot and see what's causing the bootloop when they're present, anyways I was going to use adb but I can't get it to work when I have cm installed as soon as I restore to mobster ROM adb works just fine I've tried installing drivers for the optimus Q with no luck but it's really odd when adb works the LG support tool doesn't but when adb doesn't work (I.e. when I'm on cm7) then the support tools says I have the VM701 connected via USB...

Sent from my Nexus 7 with CM-10 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by dark_samus; 10-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.

A screenshot from cm7 running gingerkernel

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7-uploadfromtaptalk1350348565674.jpg  

So how's progress going?

Nowhere back to needing vendor blobs which we'll probly never get at this point it's pretty much dead :/ I'm sorry to say

Hi there,

I just had a few questions;

Is it possible for the radio to be tied into a single part(?) combined with the bluetooth and/or wifi hardware? Perhaps that may be at least a potion of the issue?

And is there any hardware similarity between the Slider and the V?

The problem is that we don't have drivers compatible with Cyanogenmod and can't get the vendor blobs from LG to create new compatible ones not sure on the hardware I think the sound chip is the same as the one in the optimus v as I took the sound drivers from the cm7 ROM and put them in and it worked no boot loops or anything and sound works but I tried the radio drivers with no luck

ROM
    Gelato 11-28

So. Lol whats the news?

If I can get the numbers off of the.chips inside the slider I may be able to get vendor blobs I made a topic about it if you know anything please post it there

Hey all,

Thought I'd help out a little so here's the message I sent to dark_samus

Any chance we'll make it to CM10 or is there possibly a hardware/resource limitation? I tried checking into it but didn't get very far.

Anyway, here you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Castro
    Chip s by Number according to photo:

1) hynix
    H904GH4JJAM
    CR4EM 136A

8MGD1045C1

2) QUALCOMM
    MSM7627
    ABG086.0
    C212500G
    BB

3) BROADCOM (logo)
    BCM4330FKFFBG
    T1126 P21
    145193 N5T

4) +
    MAX8981M
    EWZ 1130
    5TBF

5) QUALCOMM
    RTR6500
    B3B071.1
    F1116002

6) AVAGO
    ACFM-7325
    FI131O11523

Contact me if you think you'll need any more board info or if I can help any further. The images follow, and an unaltered one incase you need to mark what readings you need.

Good luck and thanks for the work you've put in!

IC Map

Keyboard side

Shielded side
    Last edited by Michael Castro; 12-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.

one more thing could you zoom in on the chips so we can read the numbers please it might help me a bit also yes we could make it to cm10 if we had the blobs which I think I can get now I'll send some emails to the dev departments of qualcomm and such which leads me to the next matter based on the chip numbers I see that it has 2 kinds of chips controlling the radio maybe both chips need to be functional to have service although the one looks like an antenna and the other the cdma EvDo rev. A chip so we'll see anyone who wants to look into this themselves I'll post the links

(I think a dev can build from the <project name="platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_6x" path="device/qcom/msm7627_6x"/>
    <project name="platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627_surf" path="device/qcom/msm7627_surf"/>
    <project name="platform/vendor/qcom/msm7627a" path="device/qcom/msm7627a"/> lines and the lib may get our data up and running)

this is the research I've done for now on these chips really hoping some devs can get this figured out
    Last edited by dark_samus; 12-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.

btw where are we with this? is it just the carrier radio or the broadcom chip entirely?

if so, whitexp might be able to help
    >>

it's for a different phone but could advise on acquiring the drivers. anyone have an xda standing to ask?

sadly that's the best quality cam i've got. i'll try to borrow a friend for his iPhone to take some better pics.

as far as the dual chip thing, i think you're right. if you notice the parts are kinda sectioned off; 5&6 are both radio controllers. there does seem to be a smaller one but as this is my primary device, i do kinda need to have it put together tonight (work and such) but if need be i can crack her open again

Side note: while looking into the broadcom radio chip, i noticed it also has FM transceiver built in, would be nice to get that working with the rest of it
    ^>>
    Last edited by Michael Castro; 12-24-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: side note

yeah if we got bluetooth working then we would have an fm radio which you can use from an app

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Castro View Post
    sadly that's the best quality cam i've got. i'll try to borrow a friend for his iPhone to take some better pics.

as far as the dual chip thing, i think you're right. if you notice the parts are kinda sectioned off; 5&6 are both radio controllers. there does seem to be a smaller one but as this is my primary device, i do kinda need to have it put together tonight (work and such) but if need be i can crack her open again

Side note: while looking into the broadcom radio chip, i noticed it also has FM transceiver built in, would be nice to get that working with the rest of it
    ^>>
    Well thanks for doing it I had almost lost hope on this but now I have a whole new hope for it

i'm have no knowledge on the technical side of android but i'll help where i can. like i said, just let me know.
    Thanked by:

Hey Michael check this out Teardown looks like we were right about the 2 parts of the 3g

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

cool. I tried emailing Mr. Gomez (rhg135) about his work on an wip cm9 rom that seems to be necro stated, but have yet to hear back. i also found his bitbucket ( ) which has a branch for some qualcomm vendor libs but looking at the file names idk if they'd work for the ones on the slider. i suppose we'll have to get more info together before another dev will "take the case."

anyway, still working on borrowing a decent cam for better pics. there is another avago chip on there that was a bit too small for me to read, i don't remember off the top of my heard what section it was in but i'll figure it out.

Well. Mr. Gomez has responded and agreed to take another look at the slider for dev. All he requests is testers, i told him i'd be willing and that there's another here on the forum that i'm sure wouldn't have a problem with that.

Right now he's setting up a new box to do the builds on, i'll update when i'm updated

Update!

Ok, our friend now has a builder server up, i just don't know how to check it out it seems XD researching now
    Last edited by Michael Castro; 01-01-2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Update!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast