Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    BobZHome-

Default Re: [ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

Did you guys try contacting the devs that worked on the original OV? Blarf basically made CM possible for that phone. Like jesus.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

That's great I'd totally be willing to test tell him I said so and tell him about the qualcom/avago chip info if you haven't already

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

Quote Originally Posted by skurtov View Post
    Did you guys try contacting the devs that worked on the original OV? Blarf basically made CM possible for that phone. Like jesus.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2
    The VM701 is a whole different animal so they probly wouldn't be able to help plus they probly had vendor data we don't ATM although the OV stuff can be booted on the Slider with some modifications but nothing would work whatsoever rgh based his cm9 off of the OV with Gelato instead of thunderec or whatev the OV uses but that is all that we can get out of the OV part of it

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

anyway, still working on borrowing a decent cam for better pics. there is another avago chip on there that was a bit too small for me to read, i don't remember off the top of my heard what section it was in but i'll figure it out.
    Use a magnifying glass to read the last chip when you get a better cam and take it apart again always works for me lol also use a magnifying glass to get your zoom a little closer to the chips if you need to it works pretty good if you can get it to focus right also try the macro setting it gives you a sharper image and is made for taking pics of small things

Quote Originally Posted by dark_samus View Post
    That's great I'd totally be willing to test tell him I said so and tell him about the qualcom/avago chip info if you haven't already

That's great, i'll let him know. And do you have any dev experience or knowledge of the development process? RHG has agreed to teach me some but i have quite a bit to learn to catch up to this project.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_samus View Post
    Use a magnifying glass to read the last chip when you get a better cam and take it apart again always works for me lol also use a magnifying glass to get your zoom a little closer to the chips if you need to it works pretty good if you can get it to focus right also try the macro setting it gives you a sharper image and is made for taking pics of small things

As far as the photos, currently the only camera i have got has a low pixel rating than that of the slider itself, so i'm gonna borrow my brother's.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

Cool I would love to learn how to dev too so maybe he could teach us together that way we can dev anything we feel like : )

that would be pretty sweet. i actually would like to port f.lux to android for sure but let's take it one thing at a time.

could you contact me on facebook to exchange emails? i would like to involve you in the emails so that you know what's going on with this.
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.castro.9693

Note: unfortunately, i have (hopefully only semi)-bricked myself in my over zealous use of adb/fastboot so it might be more productive for you to be able to test builds and supply logcats as well.
    Thanked by:
    Lpen21 

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

Could I pm you my email? Also do you have recovery?

Edit: here's a link to the stock ROM it's rooted all you have to do is download superuser from the Google play store hope this helps
    [ROM]Stock, untouched, unrooted, Slider ROM

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by dark_samus; 01-04-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Sadly I have no recovery, no system, and no fastboot.

I am sorry to report that I suspect that this project may become stale once again.

I hope someone that know's what they're doing (evidently not me, lol) will be able to get this thing up and running.

In the meantime, Samus, I will pm you with my email now.

i would be willing to test as well! im a noob but i wanna see this through if possible!

Well, while roaming github, our friend and dev RHG found this: https://github.com/lgics

A github with some devs dedicated to getting ICS and JB on the slider (VM701)

While i am now unable to help with the project, dark_samus, they seem to be the lead he's suggesting to get to the ultimate goal of cm for the slider. And xiontaz, perhaps you'd like to help them as well? Good luck everyone!

thanks michael, i will surely try to see what i can do testing wise.

after scrolling through the list i don't really see the slider anywhere on there :S
    Last edited by xiontaz; 01-14-2013 at 12:29 AM. Reason: update

xiontaz; Here's the link for RHG's github, particularly his work on the slider:

https://github.com/rhg/cm_device_lge_vm701
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

Hey sorry I haven't been on the forum in awhile (been busy) anyways hows this stuff going?

thank you michael, haha i looked up vm71 with nothing to come up! thanks for the direct link, now ill see what can be done from a tester standpoint

ok so i can't figure out what to do with those files and how to give feedback on them ummm anyone any ideas, im still on board to see this phone with some CM!

Ok, sorry to have taken so long to respond xiontaz but i'm kinda glad i did; Our friendly neighborhood sliderdev (RHG) has forked a build for it into it's own repository. I suspect there may be much more in store for the slider than i anticipated with my 1/5 post.

https://github.com/teamgelato

unfortunately, RGH informs me that the rom does not yet build but he is contacting the appropriate people (i'm not sure who exactly) to try and figure this out. If you guys want to work on it and post you findings, i'm sure that would be immensely helpful and thoroughly appreciated.

Go TeamGelato!

there may still be hope yet!

Great, then he must still be on board! I keep checking the forums twice a day so any updates or anything neededd I'm here, I think dark_samus is too lol, just not so often :-) , btw michael how is your phone situation going?

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

Hi all it's been awhile since I've been on (you know life lol) anyways if I just knew how to build from github I think with a couple of builds I could have a working cyanogenmod 7 &/or 9 I have some code for the radio and a couple of other things so technically I could easily do it alas I don't know how to build from github *sigh* anyways I'll try to get on more frequently from now on like twice a day to check on things also did you happen to figure out your phone michael? can you try to get into recovery (with phone off hit power + vol - or power +vol - + home) and if you can I think you can get the stock rom from lg's site and reflash your phone from the stock recovery then I would advise rooting (if you haven't already) and installing clockworkmod recovery or team win recovery (whichever you like best) this is you best bet for getting your phone back in working order

Sadly, my phone is now just a light up paper weight. I've tried every method i could find on the internet and nothing works, not even the "official LG" tools.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

I find that hard to believe can you tell me what commands you did to brick it? I may be able to help a little more

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

I really don't see cm7 or cm9 coming to the q or slider... way too many issues with the builds to debug without source. Unfortunately it probably will never happen. I understand everyone is willing to jump in and try to help but this isn't a cakewalk and would take too many hours that most of us don't have to spare. :/ good luck though.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM11S

Quote Originally Posted by jcole20 View Post
    I really don't see cm7 or cm9 coming to the q or slider... way too many issues with the builds to debug without source. Unfortunately it probably will never happen. I understand everyone is willing to jump in and try to help but this isn't a cakewalk and would take too many hours that most of us don't have to spare. :/ good luck though.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    what I did was get the chip info there is more than one phone that uses this hardware and the source is within those githubs so when you build you specify the githubs where the source for that hardware is (or gather it into a fork on github) then when you build it will build from those sources and *in theory* should work fine with our device then we'll have a working radio (I don't mind not having a camera that thing kinda sucks anyway mine turns everything orange)

Hey guys, I have been poking at the source here and there. If you are interested and have a bit of experience and know how about the android build system, please join me at #slider-dev on freenode.net (you can even use web chat, freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) ) hope to see some people around, I think communicating via irc would be the best for us.

Update- I am going to get some sleep tonight, but I should be on tomorrow, if anybody has any questions about the build process(which I am by no means an expert of), or if you are ready to get going.
    Last edited by dtalley11; 02-24-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast