Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

Default [ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

Honestly, when I flashed all of them, they just kept me in the bootloop, and one of them was ICE CREAM SANDWICH. Everything in that forum belongs to rhg135 of SDX-Developers.

There's also stuff for the LG55C. Let's make CyanogenMod possible!!!!
    Last edited by raymix1000; 05-07-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Wanted to Upload the ROMs
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: So I found something a little interesting...

Link says forbidden, can you post the stuff here?

ROM
    11-28/gingerkernel 7.1

CM7 actually boots for me but I get no service... either way to me its awesome to finally see CM booting up on my Slider instead of like my friends V or my brothers phone ^.^
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

yeah lemme see what i can do
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

Quote Originally Posted by raygun04 View Post
    CM7 actually boots for me but I get no service... either way to me its awesome to finally see CM booting up on my Slider instead of like my friends V or my brothers phone ^.^
    which one did you flash?

ROM
    11-28/gingerkernel 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by raymix1000 View Post
    which one did you flash?
    The one under Current Release... I downloaded and flashed the latest one he had for the Slider...Though I was a little confused on the Wipe Data and Cache in his instructions (I did a data factory reset and wiped the cache...but no dalvik cache clearing...wich is making me wonder now if maybe I shouldov tried it..)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

The one under Current Release... I downloaded and flashed the latest one he had for the Slider...Though I was a little confused on the Wipe Data and Cache in his instructions (I did a data factory reset and wiped the cache...but no dalvik cache clearing...wich is making me wonder now if maybe I shouldov tried it..)
    which file exactly?

ROM
    11-28/gingerkernel 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by raymix1000 View Post
    which file exactly?

update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-LG-VM701-rhg135-20120413-signed
    2012/04/13 12:32:48 61mb

is the file name, date and time.. once my battery charges up I will probably try wiping my dalvik cache as well when I try again to see what happens

ROM
    11-28/gingerkernel 7.1

update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-LG-VM701-rhg135-20120413-signed
    2012/04/13 12:32:48 61mb

is the file name, date and time.. once my battery charges up I will probably try wiping my dalvik cache as well when I try again to see what happens
    Tried it again with dalvik cache wiped still no service...also FYI if anyone else decides to try CM7 they might notice the power button is buggy and might have to press it a few time to get it to do what you want it to...and if you try the dialer it lags a bit also but eh *shrugs* its finally here in some shape/form ...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

Default Re: [ROM][REPO]{RGH135} {VM701}{LG55C} CyanogenMod7

if anyone knows how to get the data/wifi working that would be great.

I have wifi working. Sending this from CM7 on my slider right now. I'm not an expert on these things but I'll try a few things and post if I can get 3g to work. Also, it seems the accelerometer isn't working so that's something else that needs figured out.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

I ported this to the Q... working on the Radio in it. The issues I've found are in the services.jar, the accounts&sync.apk, the radio and the accelerometer. Its anything but an RC but its a very good early alpha. I hope you all get this going. In the meantime I'm going to try to get the radio working... the baseband is nulled.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

Quote Originally Posted by jcole20 View Post
    I ported this to the Q... working on the Radio in it. The issues I've found are in the services.jar, the accounts&sync.apk, the radio and the accelerometer. Its anything but an RC but its a very good early alpha. I hope you all get this going. In the meantime I'm going to try to get the radio working... the baseband is nulled.

did you find the optimus q roms in the folder?

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Yeah I found them after I posted that. They have the same issues as what I ported to the Q from the VM 701 slider roms. I can get the radio working I think, but I'm having issues with ADB. Someone needs to adb pull the radio.img from their device. I'm not sure if its mtdblock5 thats the radio.img or not, but I keep getting an I/O error when I try to pull it. I tried going through the audio libs because sounds not working. I'm not sure if its his kernel causing the issues or the source from lg. I keep trying to get in touch with him for his repo URL's... but no response yet. We will get CM7 working lol believe me. I just need more info from him...and i really need the radio.img.

Don't know if you all noticed it but the services.jar isn't working for power management either. For me this means the phone will not charge nor wake from being asleep... It's driving me nuts. If I can get his repos I or someone else from Area51 will recompile them and try to work more of the vendor stuff in.

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

I almost gave up hope on the Slider, I'm gonna take a break from it till I see some more progress. In the meantime, I'm gonna stick with my OV, which is running ICS almost flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-VM701 running Mobster Rom via Tapatalk
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

Yeah I found them after I posted that. They have the same issues as what I ported to the Q from the VM 701 slider roms. I can get the radio working I think, but I'm having issues with ADB. Someone needs to adb pull the radio.img from their device. I'm not sure if its mtdblock5 thats the radio.img or not, but I keep getting an I/O error when I try to pull it. I tried going through the audio libs because sounds not working. I'm not sure if its his kernel causing the issues or the source from lg. I keep trying to get in touch with him for his repo URL's... but no response yet. We will get CM7 working lol believe me. I just need more info from him...and i really need the radio.img.

Don't know if you all noticed it but the services.jar isn't working for power management either. For me this means the phone will not charge nor wake from being asleep... It's driving me nuts. If I can get his repos I or someone else from Area51 will recompile them and try to work more of the vendor stuff in.

Also see if this doesnt work out for you:
    repo init -u git://github.com/rhg/android.git -b gingerbread; . build/envsetup.sh; lunch cyanogen_gelato_VM701-eng; make bacon

ROM
    MIUIv4

wifi works for me. wiped data, cache and dalvik. no service, but I have wifi. my slider isn't activated anyway.

ROM
    MIUIv4

phone doesn't wake from being asleep, like you said. touch screen drivers are iffy. no camera. willing to test anything, and I mean anything. this slider just sits on my desk as it is anyway.

edit: phone will wake from sleep, but not reliably. screen will turn on (you can see it light up), but nothing comes on it. I've got it charging, or at least it says it is. No idea if it actually is.
    Last edited by Octahedron; 05-09-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Yeah when I ran the logcat its a driver issue. Right now I've only got it to where its not branded vm in call settings. Tomorrow I'm gonna work on the radio more. Idk if I can fix the power issues but I think I can get the radio working.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

ROM
    MIUIv4

If you want me to test anything I'd be willing. My slider isn't activated but I can still test what I can.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Okay... little update. I've fixed the VM branding and I've fixed the wake/sleep issues. However the screen on animations not working at least it will wake from being asleep. I'm still working on the radio. We'll see... I really want to get this working... grrrrrr
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Team Hydro/GingerKernel

Okay... little update. I've fixed the VM branding and I've fixed the wake/sleep issues. However the screen on animations not working at least it will wake from being asleep. I'm still working on the radio. We'll see... I really want to get this working... grrrrrr
    i have full faith in you jcole20. is it entirely possible the radio.img would be a bit similar to the one in the gelato rom or even stock?

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

In theory if I can pull the radio.img I can flash it on top of the CM7 build and it will have a working Radio. I've been trying to dd it but I think I need to dump_image to pull it. Thats not the only issue though, and it may be something inside the /system/lib's or /system/etc folder I don't know. I've never fixed a radio issue. But the other big issue is with the Sound. We have absolutely no sound in the rom. That needs to be corrected as well. I've worked hard and I've got a bootable build with some theme engine themes, and the market implemented. But accounts&sync seems to be an issue as well. I don't know if its because of the baseband being nulled or not, but it's not letting me put in account info on wifi. Lol, this is ridiculously frustrating. Here's the link to my current state at the moment. You can flash this on your slider the keymapping will just be different, but go ahead and check the wake/sleep and tell me if its working for you all.

Again this is for the Q but it will boot on the Slider... our kernel base is the same. Your keymapping will just be off. If I get the Radio and all figured out I'll get it working on the Slider builds as well. This is so aggravating.

Edit: The radio is going to not change at all from stock to CM7... it can't change. Thats the issue here, the radio configuration somewhere is either not activating or its not the same. And I really don't have any experience activating a radio. I'm doing as much research as I can trying to figure this out.
    Last edited by jcole20; 05-10-2012 at 10:57 AM.

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

I heard before that not all of the libs files were ported over correctly, they were left incomplete. That could be one of the reasons sound isn't working at all. I don't have service on my Slider anymore, just switched back to the OV as my daily phone. Being away from CM7 for so long was a pain.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running quattrimus AOKP alpha10 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaRomQ v2.0

Well there are lib files that control the radio too. I've tried figuring out what those are and pushing them in, and still no radio... this is getting to be ridiculous.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast