LG Optimus Elite

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone purchased this phone yet?
How is it compared to the slider.
I'm big into upgrading phones and modding them.
Forte being themeing the phones for you guys.
But how is the elite compared to the slider?
Would yous recommend it over the slider?
And how soon till its able to be rooted and we can start tossing in some custom ROMs, Kernels and themes for this baby.
From what I see it looks pretty nice, but sorta a downgrade being its only has a on screen keyboard :l

Sent from my LG Optimus Slider running Gelato 11 28/ Gingerkernel7.1. Theme:ICS

mw6sense

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Turning on WIFI Hotspot feature on the phone via Quick Settings will cause the phone not being able to get data service (Error Code 67 keep popping up:'(). Call up VM, tried battery removed but it won't recover. They said they would get back to me in 24 hrs. It's 3 hrs since I called and I have not heard from them yet.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol sounds like either a bad phone or sprints planning to roll out a new policy on their prepaid networks.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Well from what I read. Well have hotspot capibility without having to root. Phone has flash which is nice. And no hard keys. Just touch which is pretty cool. More towards htc style. And battery is slighty bigger.
Would be nice if they released it with ics. Or release the samsung galaxy s2. They have it released with ics over in australia for virgin mobile.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the samsung s2. Hopefully we'll see that in the near future. Like I said before. Austraila has it for their vm.

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Well if I'm still with VM I might upgrade. I like the slider a lot. But I might be going to AT&T soon since I get a 35% discount with them on my monthly bill.

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums

shmutt1980

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
not only quick settings will do this to your elite, I have read about this problem on here and other forums that quick settings will brick your 3G.... so i most certainly avoided it. I have installed an antivirus client that scanned wireless connections which included mobile hotspot, and it froze my 3G out of box! - never installed ANY tethering apps whatsoever! (thank you error 67) I immediately contacted VM regarding this - seems the reps are tired of hearing about this code already, "it is a known issue with the elite" was the first thing the rep said miserably, even with the accent I can tell. So any app that will attempt to enable, scan, wink at mobile hotspot, do not install on the elite! or you will enter a world of pain....

Reactions: aaronrw

tiffmc

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Even after I had deactivated my Optimus Elite since I bought yesterday the raved (wasn't impressed) HTC Evo and just after I enabled my hotspot on the Evo (which supposedly you can have 5 devices tethered), the Optimus Elite started giving the Error 67 code and it wasn't even linked or activated anymore. Weird! Going back to my rooted Optimus V, at least it was a working phone without errors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084