A few issues I need help with

steeve725

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Have my Optimus slider and have having a few issues with it, I cant seem to find anyone to help me.

I rooted my phone sometime ago just to remove some of the stock bloatware on the phone, haven't changed the ROM or anything else. I cannot remember if I did a proper back up when I rooted it.

Issues;

Phone doesn't power off when I try to turn it off. It simply reboots. When I press the power button, I get the screen asking me if I want to "Power off", I choose the option to power it off, your phone will shut down, I push "OK" I get the virgin mobile sound and display and vibrate, then I get the logo again and the phone comes right back on. I have removed the battery, I have rebooted it properly by pressing the buttons and getting the reboot menu. Still have issue.

Several times a day my apps will crash, I get the pop up that says it has stopped unexpectedly would you like to force close or report, I click on report and it then says that play store has stopped unexpectedly.

I think my best bet is to un-root, and put my phone back to stock. however don't know exactly how to do that. Can someone here walk me through the unrooting process. I say in the youtube video to use gingerbreak, however cannot find were to get it and if there is a better / easier way to unroot.

Please Help.

Thank You so Much.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Have my Optimus slider and have having a few issues with it, I cant seem to find anyone to help me.

I rooted my phone sometime ago just to remove some of the stock bloatware on the phone, haven't changed the ROM or anything else. I cannot remember if I did a proper back up when I rooted it.

Issues;

Phone doesn't power off when I try to turn it off. It simply reboots. When I press the power button, I get the screen asking me if I want to "Power off", I choose the option to power it off, your phone will shut down, I push "OK" I get the virgin mobile sound and display and vibrate, then I get the logo again and the phone comes right back on. I have removed the battery, I have rebooted it properly by pressing the buttons and getting the reboot menu. Still have issue.

Several times a day my apps will crash, I get the pop up that says it has stopped unexpectedly would you like to force close or report, I click on report and it then says that play store has stopped unexpectedly.

I think my best bet is to un-root, and put my phone back to stock. however don't know exactly how to do that. Can someone here walk me through the unrooting process. I say in the youtube video to use gingerbreak, however cannot find were to get it and if there is a better / easier way to unroot.

Please Help.

Thank You so Much.

Try doing this before you unroot. Hold in the Power button until the power menu comes up. Wait a few seconds and then press power off. Wait a few seconds again and then hit the yes or okay button whatever it is. I noticed that these phones will reboot if the power services doesn't run all the way through. If that works let me know. Also, to unroot check off unknown sources in Settings -> Applications and then go to your browser. Download Gingerbreak... yyou'll have to find the apk from google but you can unroot with it. Or you can get SuperSU from the market and unroot your device with that. Good luck.

steeve725

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Try doing this before you unroot. Hold in the Power button until the power menu comes up. Wait a few seconds and then press power off. Wait a few seconds again and then hit the yes or okay button whatever it is. I noticed that these phones will reboot if the power services doesn't run all the way through. If that works let me know. Also, to unroot check off unknown sources in Settings -> Applications and then go to your browser. Download Gingerbreak... yyou'll have to find the apk from google but you can unroot with it. Or you can get SuperSU from the market and unroot your device with that. Good luck.

Sent you a PM.