AreaRomSlider w/GingerKernel *Maybe*

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I built GingerKernel into AreaRomSlider. I'm planning on releasing AreaRomSlider v2.0 w/GingerKernel (upon approval from DrewWalton). So I'll try to dual release AreaRomQ v2.0 and AreaRomSlider v2.0 on Friday pending approval from Drew to use his kernel in it.

Edit: Got approval... BIG THANKS Drew!!!! I'll dual release on Friday, and if you're interested... I could really use a beta tester or two on the Slider so please PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What I'm saying is... I got arearomslider v2.0 ready. I need a couple people to volunteer to beta test it for me to make sure its working properly since I don't have the device.

AreaRomSlider will boost benchmarks 200-300 points.
Reboot and recovery options implemented into power menu.
Gingerbread screen on and off animations.
A2sd enabled w/gingerkernel
Custom window and transition animations.
Full red (hex #ad2400) and cyan (hex #01c6d2) themed rom(s).
AreaRom bootanimation
Graphic rendering a la cyanogenmod
Terminal, spare parts, font switcher, wireless tether, and notification toggles implemented into settings.
And the list goes on and on...

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Edited...

I need to figure out a way to allow beta testing without the betas being public. I have a Red and Cyan themed beta available. But, I also need to be able to check the status of the betas without flooding this board. I'm going to go ahead and release the betas to three people who've contacted me both in here and by PM. These are betas, and even if everything works, I need you all to let me know the status of them regularly. My main issue is I want to make sure MMS (picture messaging) and the Radio (phone service) is working. So... to the three people I select PLEASE let me know the situation. I'm pm'ing you all the links to your inbox now. This will be for the Red themed rom. I'll release a Cyan rom and a Red rom once I get the issues (if any) ironed out. Thank you for your cooperation.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay I selected the 3 beta testers based on activity in here and what seems to be their general knowledge of the device. Please check your inbox and get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you!

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
SO I've ran into quite a few bugs. I'm going to have to start fresh on AreaRomSlider. I'll try to have more betas avaialble this weekend. But, I'm stopping work on it at the moment. In the meantime I suggest people use Mobsterz... I'll have AR Slider up and running soon.

Reactions: tubesock

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Still working on it. AreaRom slider will be coming but its just taking awhile. A lot of work needs to be done and I'm the only developer doing it. I will release two overclocked kernels for the slider when I release arearomq v2.1, but arearomslider will be coming at a later date. I'm sorry I'm just extremely busy right now and I'm just one person.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood