Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 112
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Oh you guys get me all jittery just thinking about this. ICS? GPU Rendering? Just imaging that makes me excited.
  2. #27  
    LeoLawliet's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

    Default

    It makes tittiez wanna jump for joy xD

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #28  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    It makes tittiez wanna jump for joy xD

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    I got frustrated with my ics kernel and put it down for the day. I'll see if I can get the slider to boot now...
    Thanked by:
  4. #29  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    I got the ugly blue Q bootlogo to show up but that's all. No adb, no bootanim.

    And it seems adb is not functional in the CWM recovery that I installed, so that makes trying out different init scripts very cumbersome. Grrrr....
  5. #30  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default

    I think I'm going to try building a recovery to see if I can get adb going. My marquee has the same issue so I really need to find the problem and fix it.
    Thanked by 3:
  6. #31  
    LeoLawliet's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

    Default

    I've been distracted from the Slider for the past few days, I got the OV to keep me occupied. Take your time, I hope something that works comes up soon, I'd like to test something out

    I been focusing on a tweak I came across that disables CPU rendering altogether and I've been testing it out for a few days, everything seems way better on GPU rendering.

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #32  
    Octahedron's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

    Default

    Any news?

    Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
  8. #33  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octahedron View Post
    Any news?

    Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Working on it. I'm having a hard time getting a recovery with adb.
  9. #34  
    LeoLawliet's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    Working on it. I'm having a hard time getting a recovery with adb.
    I'm guessing without that it's too risky, possible brick at any time means no return?

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #35  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLawliet View Post
    I'm guessing without that it's too risky, possible brick at any time means no return?

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    No it just makes development a major PITA.

    I think I have a solution, though. I have been able to get my CM9 build to enable adb on my Marquee by hacking up init.rc, and I hope the same will work with the slider.
  11. #36  
    LeoLawliet's Avatar

    Posts
    713 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    No it just makes development a major PITA.

    I think I have a solution, though. I have been able to get my CM9 build to enable adb on my Marquee by hacking up init.rc, and I hope the same will work with the slider.
    I'm hoping it works

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #37  
    topdawg661's Avatar

    Posts
    339 Posts
    ROM
    The GODZILLA Rom

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    hope you getting it working tdm!!!!! if you do then this phone would be a buy for me!(:
  13. #38  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topdawg661 View Post
    hope you getting it working tdm!!!!! if you do then this phone would be a buy for me!(:
    I will. But it will be a couple weeks. I'm heavy into the marquee now.
    Thanked by 2:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    pwngmike's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    ROM
    Gelato 11-28

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Any news?
  15. #40  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default

    Almost done with my marquee, you're next.
    Tittiez likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    pwngmike's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    ROM
    Gelato 11-28

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Is this going to be the real ICS? or a look alike?
  17. #42  
    Octahedron's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwngmike View Post
    Is this going to be the real ICS? or a look alike?
    Real ics, tdm don't play around.

    Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    pwngmike's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    ROM
    Gelato 11-28

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Lol What buttons would act as the task manager? and the Three Dot button?
  19. #44  
    Octahedron's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwngmike View Post
    Lol What buttons would act as the task manager? and the Three Dot button?
    Three dot button is the menu button on ics. The recent apps is the same as it is on gingerbread, long press home.

    Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
  20. #45  

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    Almost done with my marquee, you're next.
    I love you, have my children. Name them ICS.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  
    pwngmike's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    ROM
    Gelato 11-28

    Default Re: ICS for Slider?

    ok so...
    HOME= Launcher
    LONG PRESS HOME= Task manager thing
    MENU = 3 dot button
    BACK= back
    Search = Search?

    if so i love it

    Also will we have alot of internal Memory?
  22. #47  
    Octahedron's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwngmike View Post
    ok so...
    HOME= Launcher
    LONG PRESS HOME= Task manager thing
    MENU = 3 dot button
    BACK= back
    Search = Search?

    if so i love it

    Also will we have alot of internal Memory?
    You'll probably have less. I can't remember how much internal the slider had compared to the optimus v.

    Sent from my HTC One V
  23. #48  
    tdm
    tdm is offline
    tdm's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

    Default

    How many gelato variants are out there? Anyone know? There's the vm slider and the optimus q, right? any others?
  24. #49  
    Octahedron's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    ROM
    MIUIv4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    How many gelato variants are out there? Anyone know? There's the vm slider and the optimus q, right? any others?
    All I know of is the Q. You might try asking jcole20, he dev'd for the Q and tried to dev for the slider.

    Edit: the LG Enlighten is the Verizon variant. That's it, I think.

    Sent from my HTC One V
    Thanked by:
    tdm 
  25. #50  
    enjamin's Avatar

    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default

    Just wanted to say thanks in advance, been using icslider (ice cream moment theme) but not the same

    Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions