ICS for Slider?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Good news. The ics kernel for the p700 has gelato support. So when I get ics up it should have an ics kernel too. :)

Reactions: LeoLawliet

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Good news. The ics kernel for the p700 has gelato support. So when I get ics up it should have an ics kernel too. :)

^ This.

However, its going to be a slow process getting a 3.0 kernel to boot. Last night I got it to actually build for thunderc (Optimus S/V) but it doesn't get past the LG logo.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Take your time, I'd be happier with something that works well rather than a partial working rom. In the meantime I'm gonna stick with my E739 and OV, has anyone tried disabling CPU rendering and enabling GPU instead? I got it working on CM7 and CM9 with a quick and simple edit on both of my devices, and there is a pretty huge difference in performance. I never knew the OV could run so smoothly, and I was pretty content with my E739 but now my mind is blown with the huge increase in speed performance responsiveness and all that good stuff :)

Why have I not seen any rom built with GPU rendering instead of CPU? I think it should definitely be looked into more, it's worth checking out. I never been more satisfied with any other phones.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the ugly blue Q bootlogo to show up but that's all. No adb, no bootanim.

And it seems adb is not functional in the CWM recovery that I installed, so that makes trying out different init scripts very cumbersome. Grrrr....

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been distracted from the Slider for the past few days, I got the OV to keep me occupied. Take your time, I hope something that works comes up soon, I'd like to test something out :)

I been focusing on a tweak I came across that disables CPU rendering altogether and I've been testing it out for a few days, everything seems way better on GPU rendering.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing without that it's too risky, possible brick at any time means no return?

No it just makes development a major PITA.

I think I have a solution, though. I have been able to get my CM9 build to enable adb on my Marquee by hacking up init.rc, and I hope the same will work with the slider.

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
No it just makes development a major PITA.

I think I have a solution, though. I have been able to get my CM9 build to enable adb on my Marquee by hacking up init.rc, and I hope the same will work with the slider.

I'm hoping it works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty