Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Gelato 11-28

Default ICS for Slider?

I see a lot of people wanting an ICS rom for the vm701. I want to know if there is one?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: ICS for Slider?

Not yet. im doing everything I can to get CM7 on here,,,, but still nothing.

Idk if anyone is even working on ICS or not....

ROM
    MIUIv4

This really pisses me off. I feel like this phone is just a cheap rip off of the OV with a keyboard poorly attatched. I reactivated it thinking development was taking off, but obviously not. I think I'll be selling the Slider.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    gblakk27 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Then you do something. This crap is not easy. And we are very limited to what we can do with little resources. The OV and Slider have a total different build on the inside making hard to find the drivers for it. If it pisses you off so bad then you do something about it

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    MIUIv4

Quote Originally Posted by hezx View Post
    Then you do something. This crap is not easy. And we are very limited to what we can do with little resources. The OV and Slider have a total different build on the inside making hard to find the drivers for it. If it pisses you off so bad then you do something about it

Sent from my LGL55C using Android Central Forums
    I didn't say it was, I'm just saying it's disappointing to have so little dev support.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by Octahedron View Post
    I didn't say it was, I'm just saying it's disappointing to have so little dev support.

Maybe because not a ton of people actually own the device. If more developers like myself, Beezy, jstntp etc actually had one maybe development for the Slider could get a little stimulus.

Disclaimer: I am NOT suggesting anyone donate a Slider, merely trying to put things into perspective.
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

@hezx can you compare the components between the thunderc and gelato? I'm thinking about starting an ics tree and this would be the first step.
    Thanked by 2:
    Anonymo likes this.

ROM
    MIUIv4

Quote Originally Posted by tdm View Post
    @hezx can you compare the components between the thunderc and gelato? I'm thinking about starting an ics tree and this would be the first step.
    We have a booting cm7 and a bootloop cm9, both are from rhg, but he doesn't post here. Ask jcole about it. He has an LG Optimus Q, which is similar.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    tdm 

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

I actually have a mostly-working port of the Slider stock ROM running on the Optimus S.

Much of the hardware is actually the same, the only differences I remember were accelerometer (ami306 vs ami304) and there were some issues with wifi but the chipset is the same. The CPU is identical architecture-wise but it's obviously the "turbo" version clocked at 800MHz vs 600.

Bonus: newer version of Android (2.3.4 vs 2.3.3)
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 06-23-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Thanked by:
    tdm 
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    I actually have a mostly-working port of the Slider stock ROM running on the Optimus S.

Much of the hardware is actually the same, the only differences I remember were accelerometer (ami306 vs ami304) and there were some issues with wifi but the chipset is the same. The CPU is identical architecture-wise but it's obviously the "turbo" version clocked at 800MHz vs 600.

Bonus: newer version of Android (2.3.4 vs 2.3.3)
    Well thats nice to hear. If this is truly the only differences (plus the kb natch), it should be a piece of cake.
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

So in theory, gingerkernel for thunderc should boot on the gelato, right? Maybe needs a different commandline but that should be all.

Here's my /proc/cmdine. Looks really close to thunderc. Really really close.

Code:
    mem=477M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=gelato androidboot.mode=n
    ormal androidboot.carrier=VirginMobile androidboot.bootloader=6170 uart_console=
    disable lge.rev=<null> recovery=off lge.reboot=reboot androidboot.baseband=msm
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

I'm doing a build of quattrimus cm9 beta1pre3, substituting thunderc with gelato and VM670 with VM701, just for kicks. Wonder if it will boot?

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

So in theory, gingerkernel for thunderc should boot on the gelato, right? Maybe needs a different commandline but that should be all.

Here's my /proc/cmdine. Looks really close to thunderc. Really really close.

Code:
    mem=477M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=gelato androidboot.mode=n
    ormal androidboot.carrier=VirginMobile androidboot.bootloader=6170 uart_console=
    disable lge.rev=<null> recovery=off lge.reboot=reboot androidboot.baseband=msm
    If you flashed the GB edition of HydroKernel/GingerKernel to a Slider, it might actually work, but your CPU frequency would likely be capped at 600MHz. Since it uses AnyKernel, the cmdline parameter shouldn't be changed at all.

On the other hand, it may not boot at all. You should use the Slider version of GingerKernel since it already exists
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Build just completed first try. Will be flashing this later tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Build just completed first try. Will be flashing this later tonight or tomorrow. Wish me luck.
    Good luck. As I understand, KSmithInNY's girl also has a Slider. Might want to get in touch with him if you need some good testing.
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Didn't boot. LG logo stayed up indefinitely.
    Thanked by:
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Since the vendor rom&kernel is gb, I think I'll try the vendor kernel next. If I get a good boot, I can start mixing in things from the gingerkernel.

ROM
    MIUIv4

Any news?

tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by Octahedron View Post
    Any news?

Patience is a virtue. this is behind my marquee in priority but I might get lucky...
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    MIUIv4

Patience is a virtue. this is behind my marquee in priority but I might get lucky...
    Tdm, honestly I love you. Just for trying. Any sort of development on this phone is fantastic.

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

I still have my Slider, you've given me hope tdm and drew

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    tdm 
    tdm

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    ROM
    Quattrimus

Good news. The ics kernel for the p700 has gelato support. So when I get ics up it should have an ics kernel too.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Thank you tdm

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Good news. The ics kernel for the p700 has gelato support. So when I get ics up it should have an ics kernel too.
    ^ This.

However, its going to be a slow process getting a 3.0 kernel to boot. Last night I got it to actually build for thunderc (Optimus S/V) but it doesn't get past the LG logo.

ROM
    CM7.2/MiRaGe kernel

Take your time, I'd be happier with something that works well rather than a partial working rom. In the meantime I'm gonna stick with my E739 and OV, has anyone tried disabling CPU rendering and enabling GPU instead? I got it working on CM7 and CM9 with a quick and simple edit on both of my devices, and there is a pretty huge difference in performance. I never knew the OV could run so smoothly, and I was pretty content with my E739 but now my mind is blown with the huge increase in speed performance responsiveness and all that good stuff

Why have I not seen any rom built with GPU rendering instead of CPU? I think it should definitely be looked into more, it's worth checking out. I never been more satisfied with any other phones.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast