Silly beginner's question.

banternlantern

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a VM optimus slider rooted with cwm v5.0.2.7. I bought a VM optimus elite for my girlfriend and decided I wanted to keep it for myself and give her my slider...but I'm concerned about the transition as far as my backups and apps. What do I need to do to nake the switch with all my phone's stored data to the new phone while keping the slider intact? Will i have to unroot the slider? Any kind of info would be great, I'm sorry for the clutter and vagueness of the question, I'm just paranoid of bricking either phone because I am poor haha

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

EDIT: I'm using KSmithInNY's Root, Custom Recovery, and NANDroid backup. It's a great guide found here. I wasn't sure if this would matter, but I thought I'd put it here if it might help

Last edited:

d1ck3y0da

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
back up your apps then get the back up file off your sdcard.
if you just want to put your number on the new phone and have all your apps on the new phone youll need to install what ever app you used on the slider to back up your apps and then put the back up file on whatever sdcard your going to be putting in your new phone. reinstall all the apps and have fun.
if you want to back up contacts to a file like you did with your apps go to your contacts>menu>import/export>export to SD card. let it do its thing and then youll have a file with all your contacts in it and all you gotta do to get them back is put the file on your sdcard. and just import them instead of exporting them. click on the file and it will do the rest. good luck and if you dont get something or are having problems just ask. :cool: