Signal Issues, Dropped calls, etc

steeve725

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I am having a few issues. I hope someone can help.

Lately my Optimus Slider will show 3-4 bars, then when I place a call it will go down to 1 or no bars and not connect my call or if it does connect my call it will drop or lose call.

Also, I noticed when I press the top power button, I see it has 3-4 bars, then I slide to unlock it and it will go to 1-2 bars, sometimes none.

I also have not been getting some of calls and I get a voice mail alert. My phone wouldn't even ring.

My signal always fluctuates. In my home it can go from 4 bars to 2 bars, to 3 bars all in the same spot. All within a few minutes. Yes, my signal does the same thing outside of my home.

I called Virgin Mobile and they reprogrammed my phone by using ##847446# method. It didn't seem to work. They had me pull the battery for 15 seconds while the phone was on. I did a battery pull for 15 minutes myself. I read somewhere to dial *18, I did that, it didn't seem to do anything. I also rebooted the phone by pressing and holding the volume, back arrow and power button and selecting reboot.

I asked virgin mobile for the closet tower, they couldn't tell me an exact area. I looked on Cell Phone Coverage Maps - AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon - CellReception.com and used mapquest to determine it was 4 1/2 miles from my home.

Can someone please help. I do not want to invest the money into a repeater.

This has been happening for about 2 weeks.

Thank You.

enjamin

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
It is normal to see a fluctuation in your signal strength, and many many things can affect it.
Are you wearing a big watch? A ring on the hand you hold the phone with? What the building you in front of or inside is made out of, and weather.
If ou can eliminate the rings and watches, and distinguish whether your signal flux persist outside of your home, and there isnt a huge building or hill betwee you and the tower then you might try to get the phone replaced.
You should attempt to zero in on the problem before blaming the phone

The last time i had horrible signal 3-1 was in Army barracks built back in 1940s( ft leonardwood, ft chaffee) walked outside and full signal no flux.

Sent from my K1 using VM701 wifi hotspot and Android Central Forum

Last edited:

Narky

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I got same problem except my 3G is just as bad and now can't access my Gmail. I work throughout S.Cal and this phone never miss a beat but starting about a month ago my customers kept asking me to say again. Then suddenly the phone took a dived. About 2 wk ago till now my phone is nearly useless. Practically all my calls got drop after minute or so because of no signal. My brother is using Boost mobile and he has no problem so that's meant Sprint is not the issue. It has to be somewhere from Virgin, Android or the phone itself. Is it possible that too many Virgin subscribers and now overload the system? I've a good feeling this is Virgin Mobile issue because they haven't reply my email for over 1 week now, usually it took 2-3 days.

Narky

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Update: Phone signal is back to normal now and stay green full bar most the times. My 3G still flicker on/off, gmail and map is a bit slow because 3G keep switching.

Update: Well, last 2 days was weekend and not many people are using their phone. That could explain why the signal were back to normal. Today is Monday and my phone crapping up again. There's nothing worst than talking on the phone and didn't realized the signal been disconnected. My brother boost mobile has no indication of problem and so with my mom sprint. I'm suspecting virgin mobile hub or server just not able to handle this much subscribers. I'll most likely go back to boost if this issue doesn't get resolve anytime soon. Beside, boost mobile doesn't charge tax on my monthly fee. I never understand why virgin mobile charges $4 tax on top of my $45 monthly due...

Last edited:

ddartist

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I been with virgin mobile a few years so I up graded to andoid rise phone, phone worked great for about month and now all calls get dropped
Can't figure it out, is it new phone or service, I am thinking of going to old phone or changing service

Rhonda Benz

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't receive a signal so often my phone is worthless sometimes, I thought it was the brick building I live in but I have the problem when I'm outside, doesn't matter where I drive to. I have dropped calls constantly too. I'm definitely switching soon, what can I look for to not have this problem....any ideas appreciated !!

tbaskco

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife has a Virgin Mobile slide as well. She has been having trouble with dropped calls since she got it. We have towes 1.3 miles, 2.1 miles, and one is 3 blocks away (small town, residential area, no concrete). VM told her they were working on the towers but her phone drops calls anywhere we go. She is going to call and complain AGAIN today. I keep telling her to either have them send a phone with better reception or change companies. My phone is through NET10, and I have yet to drop a call.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui