No recovery, no fastboot

khabibul35

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Sorry to post this but I figure this is now an issue that issue that's not going to get attention through the how-to sticky so I'm moving it here.

Basically, I had a stock Optimus Slider which was rooted and working but I decided to try a new Rom to free up space. Unfortunately, while trying to load a recover image something went wrong. All the commands worked as they should have via terminal emulator but now when I try to boot into recovery I just get stuck at the LG screen. When I try to boot into fastboot (figuring I could flash recovery via sdk-tools), it just resets. My searches on the internet have yielded mixed results. Some people seem to be saying this device doesn't even have fastboot. Whether that's true, is there anyway to flash via something else than terminal emulator?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I've tried several times to reflash via terminal emulator, I even redownloaded the file and formatted the SD card and no dice. Seems like this is a bit of a pickle.

Edit (Update): I found some the stock boot and recovery image files in another thread and flashed those successfully (Link - For future reference), but looks like the VM701_recovery that's hosted on mediafire and linked to all over this forum is corrupt. Anyone have another source per chance?

Edit 2:: FIXED. After reflashing stock recovery, then flashing the VM701_recovery.img everything began to work. I have new problem, but for now this case is closed. Hope this helps someone who has this issue in the future.

Last edited: