I'm also stuck in bootloop and cannot access recovery - SOLVED

defdave

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Any help would be appreciated big time.

My phone (LGL55C - Straight Talk from Wal-Mart) is rooted and a custom rom was installed at one point but I went back to stock. I've had this phone since Spring and haven't had any real problems with the it until today.

I wasn't doing anything other than normal stuff like checking my email and listening to podcasts and starting this morning, apps started shutting down just as soon as I'd select them. Like I'd go to open my email and it would say the app "stopped working, force close or report". Eventually this became too annoying so earlier this evening I powered the phone off. Then when I went to power it back on, it refused to cooperate.

So for the past couple hours, the phone is going past the LG logo, then to the blue Straight Talk logo screen, the sound effect chimes like normal, then it reboots itself and goes straight back to the Straight Talk logo screen. This repeats itself over and over until I remove the battery.

I tried:
1. Hard reset (power off, no battery, no plug, held down power button for 30 seconds) - NO LUCK
2. Boot into CWM recovery (power off, then volume down and power button) - Can't get to recovery no matter how long I hold down the buttons. It just goes to the Straight Talk logo bootloop as if I weren't even pressing the buttons at all.
3. Emergency mode and plug in to PC - Got into Emergency Mode, it says "download is in progress. do not disconnect cable". I plugged it into the PC and Windows installed device driver software labeled: USB Composite Device - checkmarked ready to use, LGE AndroidNet USB Modem #2 - failed, and LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM7) - checkmarked ready to use. The PC doesn't see it as a storage device so I'm not sure how I'll be able to flash this back to factory.

So this is frustrating, obviously. Is my phone just screwed you think? If so, how much luck would I have getting a replacement from LG since it's been rooted and a custom rom installed at one point? Wish I could take it back to Wal-Mart but I doubt they'd take it back since I've had it since around March/ April.

Any advice would be appreciated. This is really crappy to happen right now. Got a flat tire a week ago, can't afford a new tire because my wife went in for emergency surgery the next day and had to pay the surgeon most of what was in my checking account, then took the last week off from work to take care of her and the kids and now I go back to work tomorrow and my freaking phone craps out on me. The saying is true, when it rains it pours.

EDIT:
Well I decided to give up on emergency mode because I don't know what I'm doing with it. Took the battery out and unplugged/replugged the phone back in to the PC and left it on the charge screen.. It installed the correct device drivers (I think) and it's now listed in Windows explorer as "Removable disc". But when I click on the icon, it just says "please insert a disc into removable disc" So I turned the phone on and tried to boot into it again while plugged into the PC. This time, Windows installed a device driver "AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface" ??? Then the bootloop process continued again. I have no idea what to do.

EDIT 2: Downloaded LGMobile Software Mobile Update Agent from the LG website and it says I already have the latest version so no update. Then I downloaded LGNPST but I don't know where to find dll and bin files for this phone. Now finally, I've downloaded KDZ but I don't know where the heck to find the correct .kdz file for the phone. I'm beyond frustrated and giving up for the night to try again tomorrow. Anyone who maybe could help would be so AWESOME.

EDIT 3: My phone is back! I finally accessed CWM by holding volume down, HOME, and power, then plugging in to the pc with no battery. Then I did factory reset and all is well. Thanks to the user sandplunge in this thread : http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...lider/149397-need-help-lg-optimus-q-l55c.html

EDIT 4: Well as it turns out, this problem actually turned into a blessing. Since I did the factory reset, I decided I might as well try a custom rom again since I have to reload everything anyway. So I gave EngdroidQ a shot and it's fantastic! Seriously, the exclamation point is there for a reason because this rom has totally transformed my Optimus Q into a beast compared to stock. I have flash (haven't tried it yet), I have wireless tethering ability (tested and it works great), the Straight Talk logo at boot has been replaced with the Droid screen, the battery now shows a percentage of juice left, and everything seems to just run a lot smoother and "fancier". I'm totally diggin' this and now I'm glad the phone crashed on me last night. lol If anyone else wants to try EngdroidQ, go here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...167356-rom-engdroidq-lgl55c-st-optimus-q.html

Last edited:

ubeputo

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Does this mean your problem was that the custom rom required a factory reset ahead of time? I too tried EngdroidQ and had the same exact problem. Thanks to you, I was able to get back to stock. But I still want EngdroidQ.... should I factory reset? I wasn't sure exactly what fixed your problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams