"Download is in Progress"

thrashette

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! My name's Emma; I'm new here and not very experienced in the world of phones, but am otherwise rather tech-savvy. I hope this segment of the forums isn't too dead because I can't imagine too many people would gather to discuss this phone... lol
Anyway, onto my problem. It's not a major issue, but I'd like to know why it's occurring in case it's a symptom of a more serious issue.
Sometimes I'll leave my phone plugged into the wall. I'll look at my phone a little later and the screen just says "Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable." There's like a loading circle thing, but it doesn't spin. Not sure if it's even supposed to. Anyway, the only way for me to get rid of this screen is to remove and replace the battery. Then the phone's back to normal after I turn it back on. I haven't rooted or modified my phone in anyway, aside from basic apps from the store. I can't find any info. about my specific issue on the internet (it all seems related to rooting), so I figure I'd ask here!
As a second question, again this doesn't concern me a lot, but I'd like to fix it if possible... I can't use speakerphone in phone calls. The external speaker does work when playing music, etc., but when I select "Speaker" during a phone call, the sound just keeps coming out of the earpiece. It wasn't like this when I first got the phone. I did drop my phone in the toilet, but the physical speaker obviously is not broken!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a bit of an odd situation. Have you done a factory reset? This can work wonders.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You might want to find out what is attempting to download and if it's an app turnoff automatic updates. If you don't have an Anti virus app installed, get one. I've used Lookout & currently using AVG.

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

gigglesworth

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the LG Optimus Slider through Virgin Mobile. It is currently running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). I have rooted the phone, and I have removed some of the bloatware which shipped with the phone, but I am sticking with the default ROM.

This screen appeared on my phone as well, soon after I plugged in the power cable this morning. I received no advanced notice. I waited two hours and the screen never changed and never went away. This is frustrating, because I need the phone for work.

I have a feeling that LG is pushing an Android upgrade to phones, and this upgrade failed.

Your phone, my phone and presumably many others is stuck. I am contacting LG Product Support to see what is going on. I might contact Virgin Mobile tech support later, but their tech support tends to be clueless.

UPDATE: LG Tech Support simply said that my phone got stuck during the upgrade. They asked me to reboot the phone via the power button, which didn't work. They then asked me to remove and reset the battery. The phone came back up afterwards and seems to be working fine now. In summary, nothing very surprising so far. We'll see if the phone reverts to that state again.

Last edited:

thrashette

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
True, just didn't feel like spamming the board with threads. lol. So the phone's "stuck" now... will that upgrade ever happen, or is it just in a perpetual state of obsolescence? I mean, more than it already is. :)