Damaged/corrupt microSD card

angryeggplant

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
A few weeks after I got a new microSD, my phone started randomly force closing apps, regardless of whether or not they are in use, and says the microSD card has unexpectedly been removed. It then restarts itself and says that the SD card is damaged or corrupt and may need to be reformatted. The microSD is a PNY 32GB class 10.

I did reformat it the first time it happened and checked for errors but nothing came up and it still does it. Any ideas?

kolewis

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue which started a month or so after I got the card. Mine is a 32GB Kingston class 4. I reformatted and it was fine for a couple weeks and just started not writing to the card, camera won't save pics/vids to the file and defaults storage back to the internal sd.

I've read lots of issues with this, especially on the Galaxy S3, which is what I have. This time just today, It took me a LOT of time but I managed to get all my data off of the card onto my desktop and then formatted it as fat32, and put everything back on it. So far so good, but it's only been a few hours. And I'm worried it's the same thing as last time. I'm probably going to swap out the card anyway just in case. But, from everything I've read, everyone is saying to make sure you format it as fat32, and for some reason, Samsung seems to like class 2 and 4 above the others. Which is silly, but.....what else is new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC