- 2 Posts
Should I just buy a new phone? Charging problems.
Sometime last week, I realized that my phone would not take a charge from any charger, be it my wall charger or usb. I checked multiple cords to make sure it wasn't just me. I called up Virgin Mobile, and they said it was probably the battery and since I bought the phone over a year ago, I'd have to purchase a new one myself. I did, and it's still won't charge properly. Sometimes it works when I push the charger at an angle, but for some reason doing so makes my phone force restart. I checked the usb port for fluff, and there's nothing in there. Everything else on the phone works fine, but obviously I can't continue to use what will eventually be a dead phone. I've looked around and tried as much as possible to fix this myself, but I haven't been able to.
- 02-22-2013, 09:09 AM #2
- 35 Posts
Re: Should I just buy a new phone? Charging problems.Sometimes it works when I push the charger at an angle
If this is the case: Somebody with a soldering iron and some knowledge in electronics should easily be able to fix the problem. A new usb socket, if the old one is defective, should be pretty cheap (<5$), so you just need someone who could replace the socket...
- By Evil Hamster in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 10-23-2011, 11:02 PM
- By rdcrds in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 2Last Post: 12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
- By davidva in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 5Last Post: 11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
- By pinetree#ac in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 2Last Post: 07-20-2010, 09:58 AM
- By Foxman in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 14Last Post: 07-08-2010, 05:53 PM