- 1 Posts
Can't move Apps to SD card
I recently bought a new Slider off of eBay because my old one broke. I ran a factory reset, swapped phones online and reprogrammed my number, the general shtick when making a new phone yours. As I reinstalled all of my apps though I noticed that the option to shift them over to my 4 GB SD isn't there. There's a button displayed but it's greyed out and unusable. On my old phone I was able to put most of my apps onto the SD to conserve space right from the get go (I bought it when they were still fairly new, and it had that capability right out of the box).
Anyone know how to fix this, or was my old Slider's capability just an anomaly?
- 08-23-2013, 10:35 PM #2
- 4 Posts
Re: Can't move Apps to SD card
Not all apps can be moved. Also, is your card still completely good? Is it also firmly seated. Not sure if there are MicroSDHC cards that have physical write lock switches, but that's another thing you might check. Can you write anything else to the card? You can obtain your MSL code and use the ##SCRTN# dialer code you can also dial 611 and try to get technical support from your cellular provider. You can search for dialer codes online, try them and see if there an any settings you can change to make the problem better, but now we're getting into an area of tinkering that has the potential to make the problem worse, even to the point of possibly bricking your phone, so if you go that route be particularly careful.
- 09-29-2013, 11:42 PM #3
- By enokara in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 08-30-2013, 01:00 AM
- By joshasch in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 08-29-2013, 09:53 AM
- By Shilohjerry in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 08-25-2013, 10:50 PM
- By tekhna in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2013, 07:07 PM
- By Saluteme Orshootme in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2013, 11:20 AM