- 2 Posts
Do I just accept that VM701 is a lemon??
I just want to be able to find a workaround for the fact that the VM701 has so little internal memory, that it means the phone is basically worthless. (I feel cheated that no one warned me up front that most apps have to be installed on the internal memory instead of external SD card, and they comes with a small amount of internal memory.) Sure, there are people saying that I can use "cwm recovery" and "Link2SD" to trick the phone so that it includes external memory of a SD card as part of internal memory. But, from reading the forums, I can't find many people who have successfully done this. Am I wrong here? Have any of you had success? Since I don't have much android experience, I don't want to risk possibly bricking my phone, if the everyone else is can't get it to work either. Thanks for your help.
- 01-20-2014, 09:42 AM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- 01-23-2014, 02:31 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: Do I just accept that VM701 is a lemon??
thanks, Misstoxic. That's good to know. Were you on version 2.3.4 of Android before you rooted? (my research is giving me impression that it is easier to root if you are below that version...but once you are on 2.3.4, as I am, then it is very tough/almost impossible to root. If you had been at 2.3.4, do you remember the steps you took? thanks so much.
- 01-30-2014, 10:33 AM #5
- By Corey Knight in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-21-2014, 05:59 AM
- By ddhockey in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
- By Valerie Chong in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Is there such a thing as a trusted bluetooth bracelet? Not a pebble watch though, those are too big.By paisley99 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2014, 01:44 AM
- By ansextra in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 01-19-2014, 06:35 PM