Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Badly bricked Optimus Slider

Hi, I have an Optimus Slider that is bricked. It is now stuck at the LG Logo. I do not have CWM installed, because I hadn't gotten around to doing that yet. Here is my problem: While I have the rom zip, bin, dlls, etc... I have tried booting into recovery and flashing the ROM from update.zip, but it says that it is not signed. I have tried the Smartflashtool, but it does not list any ports, thus I cannot do anything (though in Emergency Mode, my phone is on COM9). I have tried adb and fastboot, but they say device not found. I have even tried this
    It seems that if I could just get into a bootloader, flash a recovery image, or get a stock rom that is signed(even though the one I have apparently is) to just flash, I could be back up and running. Unfortunately, I am hitting a wall on every method I try. Please, can anybody help me? I just got this phone.

Default Re: Badly bricked Optimus Slider

did u try to remove the battery and wait for 30 secs then put it back in? did u root ur phone? in order to flash a custom rom, u need to have CWM installed. u need to install LG drivers for ur phone so that u can use ADB
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, drivers installed, rooted, and I have waited. I don't have CWM, but would be happy if I could flash anything at this point.

[How-To] Root, Custom Recovery, NANDroid Backup
    check the 2nd post. 1st make sure u enable USB debugging then download flash_image.zip and VM701_recovery.img open flash_image.zip and drag flash_image to sd card. Drag VM701_recovery.img to sd card. Open the terminal and type su and press enter. a popup will ask u to grant the terminal superuser permission, tap "always allow." Close the terminal and reopen it. Type the following command to flash a CWM recovery:

su
    mount -o remount, rw /system
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 777 flash_image
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/BobZhome_VM701_recovery.img
    reboot recovery
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

But I cannot boot the phone, as it is bricked, nor can I get adb to recognize it, even though device manager does... So, I have nowhere to enter these commands. Any ideas?

U mean it says "<waiting for device>" when ur phone is in fastboot mode?

Remove the battery and wait for a few mins then put it back in. boot into stock recovery and select "wipe data/factory reset" and press ok then select "wipe cache partition" and press ok then select "reboot system now" and press ok does it help?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by misstoxic View Post
    U mean it says "<waiting for device>" when ur phone is in fastboot mode?
    Yes, on fastboot it just says that forever. Am I supposed to do something to the phone before plugging it in so it will be recognized? I've tried plugging it in on recovery, emergency, and charging modes.
    Remove the battery and wait for a few mins then put it back in. boot into stock recovery and select "wipe data/factory reset" and press ok then select "wipe cache partition" and press ok then select "reboot system now" and press ok does it help?
    No, it still gets stuck at the LG logo.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_f...tting_fastboot

Read under "troubleshooting fastboot"
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

So, under <waiting for device> errors it says to install a driver for this device, but it is not found, and cannot be added, unless I get the phone in fastboot mode. How do I do that? I've searched all over. Until then, I don't see a way to manually install the drivers, because on Device Manager, there is no Android Composite ADB Interface, as the phone cannot boot into OS for USB debugging mode. Therefore, these instructions don't work: OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers

U don't know how to get in fastboot mode? Plug ur phone in pc while off I think and open cmd. Type "adb reboot bootloader" ur phone will say fastboot then type "fastboot devices" does the output show ur device's serial #? If it does, then good. And then u can flash a CWM recovery
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

OK, I have tried that, and "abd reboot bootloader" returns the "device not found" error.

Also, why is ist so hard to post on this forum? 9/10 times it says "The following errors occurred with your submission", but lists no errors, and has an Okay button.

theres an issue with ur drivers. check them in device manager. turn ur phone on and plug it in pc. is ur device listed under "ADB Interface" or "Android Phone" in device manager? It will probably say "Android Composite ADB Interface" urs is probably different. mine says "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface" under "ADB Interface"
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

theres an issue with ur drivers. check them in device manager. turn ur phone on and plug it in pc. is ur device listed under "ADB Interface" or "Android Phone" in device manager? It will probably say "Android Composite ADB Interface" urs is probably different. mine says "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface" under "ADB Interface"
    I get nothing in those categories. They don't even exist in devmgr. This is what I do get: Badly bricked Optimus Slider-properties.png

after rooting ur phone, did u disable USB debugging?

no its like this. Urs is probably different

Badly bricked Optimus Slider-adb.png
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

after rooting ur phone, did u disable USB debugging?
    No. And I know how to get to the device manager. Here's mine:Badly bricked Optimus Slider-capture.png

U need to install LG drivers for ur phone. Here is a link http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VM701
    scroll down and click on software update under "manuals & download" then go to step 1 where it says USB driver for windows. Click on download. Ignore step 2-4. Install a driver. When u r done, turn ur phone on and plug it in pc. if a driver is sucessfully installed, u will see a green check mark on icon in the system tray. Open cmd and type "adb devices" ur connected device should show up with a serial number
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I tried this, and still got nothing... It still makes the device connect noise, but only the devices I showed before show up in the device manager.

i just learned that u cant use ADB if the phone is stuck in a bootloop but u can find a way to do that. u can use fastboot but it doesnt work which sucks. im sure someone else knows and can help u. if ur phone is under warranty, u can get a replacement or u can get help from IRC. The channel is #TeamGelato on freenode.net actually I just spoke to Team Gelato on IRC and they told me that someone can help u. r u willing to wait?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Sure.

once u have a custom recovery, never do a factory reset via settings. only do it in recovery. [WARNING] do NOT factory reset through settings [WARNING]

How did u brick ur phone?

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM12

you can boot into recovery? I may be able to help, but it doesn't look good for your phone... contact me on IRC , to do this go here freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) add a nickname (sakjlfdav would be ok) for the channel name connect to #teamgelato-unregistered (if you want to join the main channel, #teamgelato, then please register with nickserv, google how to do so if you don't know) I'll be there most likely, if not PM (on the forums) me and we'll coordinate a time we MAY be able to save you phone
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Definitely. I will do this once I get to my pc, whuch will be soon.

EDIT: I'll be waiting for you.