Customizing bottom bar?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to customize the bottom bar to include something else besides Phone, Apps, Browser?

I've seen YouTube reviews where the bar also has contacts and messaging. Do you need to have root to do this stuff, or is there a way to change it?

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Try looking at different launchers. I use go launcher ex. It has phone, contacts, app drawer, text message and the default browser on the dock bar.

rwinvt

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Launcher Pro allows separately customizable dock bars for each home screen. ( and if you also have android assistant, you can have up to seven home screens)

amishfury

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
go launcher, launcher pro, and adw all support customizable dock bars (there are other launchers out there that i haven't tried)

go and pro have dockbars that by deault have 5 items (launcher pro (maybe also go launcher i didn't mess with it as much) can be made to mimic froyo dockbar with homescreen dots) with up to 3 dock bars which you scroll through by swiping across the dockbar

adw supports up to 5 items on the dockbar with an optional hidden dock (not sure what if any limits there are to how many items can be placed in adw's dock)

these launchers also give extra options for other things like extra home screens (i believe most if not all max out at 7) fewer home screens (maybe you only use 3) app drawer improvements, etc

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante