What a fancy brick you have!

sethdoesstuff

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the world of custom roms and such, so being the newbie that I am I made the number one mistake: I factory reset on a custom rom :(

As of this point I have an Optimus V ( Virgin Mobile ) that boots up to the LG screen, goes to a screen that reads "Clearing Cache" and "Factory Reset". It then appears to restart and show the LG screen again, followed by a blue screen ( of DEATH!! ) which says something about fastboot ( whatever that is ). I've been searching Google for the past 24+ hours with no luck, and I ask for help only out of desperation. If I'm unable to fix this ( which may be the case ) I'm going to just have to purchase a new one. I love my poor little Optimus very much and would appreciate any help you can give :)

Thanks!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the world of custom roms and such, so being the newbie that I am I made the number one mistake: I factory reset on a custom rom :(

As of this point I have an Optimus V ( Virgin Mobile ) that boots up to the LG screen, goes to a screen that reads "Clearing Cache" and "Factory Reset". It then appears to restart and show the LG screen again, followed by a blue screen ( of DEATH!! ) which says something about fastboot ( whatever that is ). I've been searching Google for the past 24+ hours with no luck, and I ask for help only out of desperation. If I'm unable to fix this ( which may be the case ) I'm going to just have to purchase a new one. I love my poor little Optimus very much and would appreciate any help you can give :)

Thanks!

there are soooooooo many warnings and posts from other people whove made this mistake.

how on earth does anyone let this happen.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I had same problem, hold on ill link you to my thread it has a link for fastboot. Chose option 2 in fb too.

Edit: page 2 for link
http://forum.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/97722-help-rom-problem-5.html#post1037096

Last edited:

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
You should also install a custom recovery if your using clockworkmod. Read the thread will have links for how to do that too

sethdoesstuff

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
As of this point my phone is listed under the Device Manager ( HD>Android Phone>Android ADB Device. the screen of my phone is all blue with text reading:

Fastboot mode started
gpic_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()
-- suspend --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
fastboot: processing commands

Any idea where to go from here?

johnp012001

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

I'm really not trying to be snarky here, but in your 24+ hours of searching Google, did you try "bricked lg optimus v"? If not, give it a try, I think you'll find what you're looking for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12