porting to vm

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
As I enter my 5th hour of waiting for my port to go through from Verizon to Virgin Mobile, I thought I'd see how everyone's ports went for them. Any issues? How long did yours take?

db_geek

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I ported my number from Sprint to VM in Dec. 2010...process took about 2 hours. However, even back then, they said it could take anywhere from 24 to 72 hours...I was pleasantly surprised when it took only 2! Hopefully, yours will go through pretty soon....hang in there!

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning and had the welcome to VM text :). Now, instead of making a new thread, how do I toggle between 1x and 3g? I'm using Widgsetoid and the data toggle works, but the 3g/2g toggle takes me to the mobile networks settings where I just have the option of turning off mobile data.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning and had the welcome to VM text :). Now, instead of making a new thread, how do I toggle between 1x and 3g? I'm using Widgsetoid and the data toggle works, but the 3g/2g toggle takes me to the mobile networks settings where I just have the option of turning off mobile data.

1x and 3G work differently on CDMA networks like Sprint and Verizon compared to 2G and 3G on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile. With CDMA you cannot toggle manually between 1x and 3G. It switches automatically based on your signal.

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
1x and 3G work differently on CDMA networks like Sprint and Verizon compared to 2G and 3G on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile. With CDMA you cannot toggle manually between 1x and 3G. It switches automatically based on your signal.

Oh okay thanks. Well at least that's one less option in the widget to take up space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781