Launcher

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I usually use go launcher ex but am recently having problems with it and was looking for something else. I have used adw, lp, crazy home, and zeam. Are there any other, less well known, launchers out there that are worth trying. Oh I have also tried open home and L7.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm haven't heard of slidescreen. Thank you for the advice. Really the only ones that are practically the same that I have found are go launcher, launcher pro, and adw. The other launchers I have tried are rather different from those three.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
HeLauncher is cool in concept but can't change apps in the launcher bar which kind of sucks. Slidescreen is just...weird. Neither of those will replace go launcher for me, even with the bugs with notification ex, but thanks for suggesting new launchers I hadn't tried or heard of yet. :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I like Launcher 7 but I'm too lazy to bother making it look exactly how I want it to look. Example is taking one picture and cutting/cropping to make it look right across multiple icons lol.

Tried to download and install Quick Launcher Home but it says unsuccessful due to not being able to install to default location. First time I have ever seen that message and I have tried almost every launcher out there. Weird.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
for anyone who wants the windows phone 7 style. MetroUI Pro is fully featured, looks great, and doesnt lag in the slightest ever on the V. all the animations are super smooth. the live tiles for SMS and calls and gmail counters work well and fast.

metroUI lite tho is very weak and can hardly be customized at all. i would not even recomend this just to try it, its that bad.

pro is very good.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I deleted my stock launcher and use a modified gingerbread launcher from the app market that is modified from the 2.3 apk after using zeam for while

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I usually use go launcher ex but am recently having problems with it and was looking for something else. I have used adw, lp, crazy home, and zeam. Are there any other, less well known, launchers out there that are worth trying. Oh I have also tried open home and L7.

Curious George wants to know if your using a theme.
As I was using a theme and the app drawer was laggy and overall a pain to use.

Went to the default theme and its back to the way it was before. All smooth as keith stone.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Curious George wants to know if your using a theme.
As I was using a theme and the app drawer was laggy and overall a pain to use.

Went to the default theme and its back to the way it was before. All smooth as keith stone.

LOL, I love keith stone commercials. I am back to using go launcher ex. I was getting some error with ex notification app but don't seem to be anymore. I'm using the honeycomb theme with the honeycomb cm7 theme. Looks good and doesn't seem laggy. :)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I love keith stone commercials. I am back to using go launcher ex. I was getting some error with ex notification app but don't seem to be anymore. I'm using the honeycomb theme with the honeycomb cm7 theme. Looks good and doesn't seem laggy. :)

I guess my question was kinda vague. I meant a golauncher theme.
I reverted tot he default theme and its not laggy.

Plus the new CM7 theme Im using also skins go products. So its a win win.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
kreatur3, if you ever want to give Launcher 7 a try, pm me and i'll direct you towards links of all the custom icons i use. once you have them all download, you can really have fun customizing your phone.

Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess my question was kinda vague. I meant a golauncher theme.
I reverted tot he default theme and its not laggy.

Plus the new CM7 theme Im using also skins go products. So its a win win.

I assume it doesn't actually skin the launcher itself just go widgets or something? I have rover blue I'll have to give it a go.
Atm I switch between Honeycomb 3D and ElegantSteel.

kreatur3, if you ever want to give Launcher 7 a try, pm me and i'll direct you towards links of all the custom icons i use. once you have them all download, you can really have fun customizing your phone.

Sure that would be awesome. I have never been able to find a tutorial on how to take a single image and split it to make tiles that look right. I'll have fun playing with it when I know what the heck I'm doing lol.