Launcher

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Instead of making a new thread I'll ask this here. Does anyone else notice the battery draining faster with Launcher Pro? I saw that the stock launcher was still running so I made sure all my widgets were removed from it. That helped, but it still seems like it's draining quicker. Any thoughts?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Instead of making a new thread I'll ask this here. Does anyone else notice the battery draining faster with Launcher Pro? I saw that the stock launcher was still running so I made sure all my widgets were removed from it. That helped, but it still seems like it's draining quicker. Any thoughts?

My thought is switch to go launcher ex. lol
Kidding but I know I always remove all widgets and shortcuts and crap from the original launcher before switching to a new one.
I haven't used lp in ages but you should be able to look at your battery usage and see what is eating it up.
Might not be LP at all unless you have nailed it down to that particular app.

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Well when I looked at my battery usage it was all the same standard stuff on the list (cell standby, android system, phone idle, display, and wifi). I had LP going for a good 5 hours today and it was draining a bit quicker but it didn't show up in the battery usage even after deleting all the widgets on the stock launcher that would drain battery. Maybe it's just my imagination or the fact that I had been messing around changing stuff on LP for a while. I'll see how it goes tomorrow when I start on a full charge.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well when I looked at my battery usage it was all the same standard stuff on the list (cell standby, android system, phone idle, display, and wifi). I had LP going for a good 5 hours today and it was draining a bit quicker but it didn't show up in the battery usage even after deleting all the widgets on the stock launcher that would drain battery. Maybe it's just my imagination or the fact that I had been messing around changing stuff on LP for a while. I'll see how it goes tomorrow when I start on a full charge.

Good Luck :)
Only reason I switched to GO is because it does all the stuff that LPP and ADW EX do but it's completely free. :) Can't beat free.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love Launcher Pro. So much smoother and more responsive than the stock launcher on my Optimus V. I tried GO Launcher, and though it also seemed very fluid and responsive, I didn't like it.

I keep wondering if the $3.49 is worth it for Launcher Pro Plus, as he free version seems to be doing me well for now. Does anyone know where there is a complete list of what's added in the Plus version? The Market listing didn't have that when I looked.

bigcat73

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Good Luck :)
Only reason I switched to GO is because it does all the stuff that LPP and ADW EX do but it's completely free. :) Can't beat free.

I tried GO for the rest of the night last night and I didn't really like it. The app drawer was really cool, but putting apps on the homescreens was a pain and dragging apps around seemed choppy.

I used PL today and I'm at 75% after almost 11 hours unplugged. That's with about 30 minutes on wifi and a little over an hour of 3g use. I was at work for 8 of those hours so that cut the usage down. I'm pleased, though, because that's about the same as it was for a similar day on the stock launcher. Next step is to root, flash Harmonia, and overclock :cool: