Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MIUI

Default Launcher

Hey guys, I usually use go launcher ex but am recently having problems with it and was looking for something else. I have used adw, lp, crazy home, and zeam. Are there any other, less well known, launchers out there that are worth trying. Oh I have also tried open home and L7.
    It takes less time to hit thanks than it does to type it out...
    I dig being flamed so FLAME ON!

Default Re: Launcher

slidescreen is okay...its a lot different but it may work for you.
    Alex Arena

Need to get in touch?
    Text me! 484-693-0787
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    MIUI

Hmm haven't heard of slidescreen. Thank you for the advice. Really the only ones that are practically the same that I have found are go launcher, launcher pro, and adw. The other launchers I have tried are rather different from those three.

HeLauncher is another one. I have not tried it though.

https://market.android.com/details?i...cher.reloaded2
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    MIUI

HeLauncher is cool in concept but can't change apps in the launcher bar which kind of sucks. Slidescreen is just...weird. Neither of those will replace go launcher for me, even with the bugs with notification ex, but thanks for suggesting new launchers I hadn't tried or heard of yet.

Launcher 7 in all of its glory!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launcher-uploadfromtaptalk1310429938701.jpg   Launcher-uploadfromtaptalk1310429953031.jpg   Launcher-uploadfromtaptalk1310429971657.jpg   Launcher-uploadfromtaptalk1310429984697.jpg  
    zoidberg_md likes this.

91 Panda Home 2 is always worth a shot.

Try Zeam. Small and snappy.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    MIUI

I like Launcher 7 but I'm too lazy to bother making it look exactly how I want it to look. Example is taking one picture and cutting/cropping to make it look right across multiple icons lol.

Tried to download and install Quick Launcher Home but it says unsuccessful due to not being able to install to default location. First time I have ever seen that message and I have tried almost every launcher out there. Weird.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Try KS launcher and My Launcher

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

for anyone who wants the windows phone 7 style. MetroUI Pro is fully featured, looks great, and doesnt lag in the slightest ever on the V. all the animations are super smooth. the live tiles for SMS and calls and gmail counters work well and fast.

metroUI lite tho is very weak and can hardly be customized at all. i would not even recomend this just to try it, its that bad.

pro is very good.

I deleted my stock launcher and use a modified gingerbread launcher from the app market that is modified from the 2.3 apk after using zeam for while

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
    Hey guys, I usually use go launcher ex but am recently having problems with it and was looking for something else. I have used adw, lp, crazy home, and zeam. Are there any other, less well known, launchers out there that are worth trying. Oh I have also tried open home and L7.
    Curious George wants to know if your using a theme.
    As I was using a theme and the app drawer was laggy and overall a pain to use.

Went to the default theme and its back to the way it was before. All smooth as keith stone.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    Curious George wants to know if your using a theme.
    As I was using a theme and the app drawer was laggy and overall a pain to use.

Went to the default theme and its back to the way it was before. All smooth as keith stone.
    LOL, I love keith stone commercials. I am back to using go launcher ex. I was getting some error with ex notification app but don't seem to be anymore. I'm using the honeycomb theme with the honeycomb cm7 theme. Looks good and doesn't seem laggy.

Try ADW Launcher EX it's awesome!!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by ScottIrv5 View Post
    Try ADW Launcher EX it's awesome!!
    ADW, Go Launcher, and LPP are all too similar. I don't find it worthwhile to pay for ADW EX when go launcher ex is free.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

LOL, I love keith stone commercials. I am back to using go launcher ex. I was getting some error with ex notification app but don't seem to be anymore. I'm using the honeycomb theme with the honeycomb cm7 theme. Looks good and doesn't seem laggy.
    I guess my question was kinda vague. I meant a golauncher theme.
    I reverted tot he default theme and its not laggy.

Plus the new CM7 theme Im using also skins go products. So its a win win.

kreatur3, if you ever want to give Launcher 7 a try, pm me and i'll direct you towards links of all the custom icons i use. once you have them all download, you can really have fun customizing your phone.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM
    MIUI

I guess my question was kinda vague. I meant a golauncher theme.
    I reverted tot he default theme and its not laggy.

Plus the new CM7 theme Im using also skins go products. So its a win win.
    I assume it doesn't actually skin the launcher itself just go widgets or something? I have rover blue I'll have to give it a go.
    Atm I switch between Honeycomb 3D and ElegantSteel.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs2011 View Post
    kreatur3, if you ever want to give Launcher 7 a try, pm me and i'll direct you towards links of all the custom icons i use. once you have them all download, you can really have fun customizing your phone.
    Sure that would be awesome. I have never been able to find a tutorial on how to take a single image and split it to make tiles that look right. I'll have fun playing with it when I know what the heck I'm doing lol.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

I assume it doesn't actually skin the launcher itself just go widgets or something? I have rover blue I'll have to give it a go.
    Atm I switch between Honeycomb 3D and ElegantSteel.
    I need to change that. I havent used that theme in a month or so heh.
    This is what Im using now.
    [Theme] GingerbreadEX MDPI/HDPI [Theme Engine apk] *7/02/2011* - xda-developers
    Thanked by:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    MIUI

I need to change that. I havent used that theme in a month or so heh.
    This is what Im using now.
    [Theme] GingerbreadEX MDPI/HDPI [Theme Engine apk] *7/02/2011* - xda-developers
    Looks cool and like the dev put lots of effort into that one. I'll have to give it a go as I use almost all the apps he lists as themed.

Have you tried the theme patch for a semi transparent status bar?
    Bah the patch for trans sb is down, maybe I can download and try later.

Instead of making a new thread I'll ask this here. Does anyone else notice the battery draining faster with Launcher Pro? I saw that the stock launcher was still running so I made sure all my widgets were removed from it. That helped, but it still seems like it's draining quicker. Any thoughts?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    MIUI

Quote Originally Posted by bigcat73 View Post
    Instead of making a new thread I'll ask this here. Does anyone else notice the battery draining faster with Launcher Pro? I saw that the stock launcher was still running so I made sure all my widgets were removed from it. That helped, but it still seems like it's draining quicker. Any thoughts?
    My thought is switch to go launcher ex. lol
    Kidding but I know I always remove all widgets and shortcuts and crap from the original launcher before switching to a new one.
    I haven't used lp in ages but you should be able to look at your battery usage and see what is eating it up.
    Might not be LP at all unless you have nailed it down to that particular app.

Well when I looked at my battery usage it was all the same standard stuff on the list (cell standby, android system, phone idle, display, and wifi). I had LP going for a good 5 hours today and it was draining a bit quicker but it didn't show up in the battery usage even after deleting all the widgets on the stock launcher that would drain battery. Maybe it's just my imagination or the fact that I had been messing around changing stuff on LP for a while. I'll see how it goes tomorrow when I start on a full charge.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast