Uhhh.... Lost Market!?

TibsterNumber13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new root user, and I recently tried to get the new Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) mod...
In one of the directions, I was told to wipe everything. Which I did. I have made a backup, but now have no application to back it up with. And, I lost my Market. I can't access anything on my SD card.

I tried to unroot using SuperOneClick, which said it worked, aside from the fact that it had no Superuser to remove.

Am I safe to do a Factory Data Reset, or is there another way?

TibsterNumber13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, whenever I reboot my phone, it always takes me back to the Clockwork Recovery.
PLEASE HELP! How do I get back to my actual Android OS? I tried restoring from a backup, and nothing!

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, whenever I reboot my phone, it always takes me back to the Clockwork Recovery.
PLEASE HELP! How do I get back to my actual Android OS? I tried restoring from a backup, and nothing!

Flash one of the available roms to it. If you use a CM7 rom, I'd advise ath3nos, then right after you flash the rom make sure you flash gapps or you will NOT have market.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
beucase you used super one click to unroot.

you basically jumped off a bridge with that move.

you were supposed to root, by using the specific root instructions (NOT just clicking "root" in super one click"

then flash clockworkmod

then backup

then flash cm7 AND the gapps.zip

everything would have been FINE

now i dont know how to help..

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Without root access, the recovery cannot flash the rom to the phone, so when the phone boots, it finds no rom, and goes into recovery, where you are stuck becuase it cant flash without root. becuase you UN rooted with superoneclick.

TibsterNumber13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37