Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By cr42ydude
  • 1 Post By camf3xu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2.08

Default CM7 Mod

Can someone convince me to load the cm7 rom? What will I really gain by doing it? I maybe an engineer but I am not going to load something just for loading sake. One of those, if something right now is not broke, why do it?

If you need to be convinced to do it then you really don't want it. If your happy with what ya have, no reason to go messing around with things.

Default Re: CM7 Mod

What rom are you using now?

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

I was thinking the same. Coming from stock ROM, I wanted to give IHO CM7.1 a try, if anything I needed wasn't working, I'd go to a stable Froyo 2.2-based ROM like Harmonia or Bumblebee. But It's been exceeding my expecatations (as long as you use clockworkmod recovery & follow the install directions properly) so as to not have random bugs introduced by improper installs.

CM7.1 gives me:

- Latest Android 2.3.5, with all its OS fixes/security patches/memory optimzations.
    - Notification widget for quickly turning on/off GPS/3G/Wifi/BT..etc. (only 2 actions needed, swipe down & press after it's setup) There are other apps, but this one is efficient and accessible from the status bar anywhere.
    - battery percentage built-in in statusbar.
    - battery usage plot/graph over time built-in.
    - less than 1%/hour battery drain idling with cell signal.
    - GB's built-in VoiP calling works pretty well over wifi (over 3G, it's choppy prob due to VM's network). Groove IP doesn't yet.
    - faster charging over USB.

As of 0730's build, one of the major remaining issues BT is fixed too.
    Last edited by Whyzor; 07-31-2011 at 02:04 PM.

ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

lol why should we convince you ? if you dont wanna, dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
    I was thinking the same. Coming from stock ROM, I wanted to give IHO CM7.1 a try, if anything I needed wasn't working, I'd go to a stable Froyo 2.2-based ROM like Harmonia or Bumblebee. But It's been exceeding my expecatations (as long as you use clockworkmod recovery & follow the install directions properly) so as to not have random bugs introduced by improper installs.

CM7.1 gives me:

- Latest Android 2.3.5, with all its OS fixes/security patches/memory optimzations.
    - Notification widget for quickly turning on/off GPS/3G/Wifi/BT..etc. (only 2 actions needed, swipe down & press after it's setup) There are other apps, but this one is efficient and accessible from the status bar anywhere.
    - battery percentage built-in in statusbar.
    - battery usage plot/graph over time built-in.
    - less than 1%/hour battery drain idling with cell signal.
    - GB's built-in VoiP calling works pretty well over wifi (over 3G, it's choppy prob due to VM's network). Groove IP doesn't yet.
    - faster charging over USB.

As of 0730's build, one of the major remaining issues BT is fixed too.
    What's the built in VoIP in GB? Is it also there in AOSP 2.3.4? Where? Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by pcp135 View Post
    What's the built in VoIP in GB? Is it also there in AOSP 2.3.4? Where? Thanks.
    Settings > Scroll to bottom > click accounts > add account > input info there > hit back > check the receive incoming calls box and your setup.

Yes it is in 2.3.4 its native to GB so its been in every build.

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

Quote Originally Posted by cr42ydude View Post
    lol why should we convince you ? if you dont wanna, dont.
    Some people seek to be englightened, others stay with what they're comfortable with.

ROM
    InferiorHumanOrgans CM7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Whyzor View Post
    Some people seek to be englightened, others stay with what they're comfortable with.
    if he wants to be "enlightened" then he can try like everyone else.. its not rlly that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by cr42ydude View Post
    if he wants to be "enlightened" then he can try like everyone else.. its not rlly that hard.
    Easy killer...
    Whyzor likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2.08

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking for what the rom could do. I am on a rooted stock rom now. Thank you whyzor for your input and help. I think I will give it a try and see if I like it. Again I appreciate everyone's analysis. Have a good one.