| || |
Re: CM7 Mod
I was thinking the same. Coming from stock ROM, I wanted to give IHO CM7.1 a try, if anything I needed wasn't working, I'd go to a stable Froyo 2.2-based ROM like Harmonia or Bumblebee. But It's been exceeding my expecatations (as long as you use clockworkmod recovery & follow the install directions properly) so as to not have random bugs introduced by improper installs.
CM7.1 gives me:
- Latest Android 2.3.5, with all its OS fixes/security patches/memory optimzations.
- Notification widget for quickly turning on/off GPS/3G/Wifi/BT..etc. (only 2 actions needed, swipe down & press after it's setup) There are other apps, but this one is efficient and accessible from the status bar anywhere.
- battery percentage built-in in statusbar.
- battery usage plot/graph over time built-in.
- less than 1%/hour battery drain idling with cell signal.
- GB's built-in VoiP calling works pretty well over wifi (over 3G, it's choppy prob due to VM's network). Groove IP doesn't yet.
- faster charging over USB.
As of 0730's build, one of the major remaining issues BT is fixed too.