Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default HELP ME WITH CWM 3 ON lG OPTIMUS V

Hi

i need help fast i have been trying to install a rom on my lg optimus v. But i cant. It says that it does install but when i reboot it goes back to recover y screen ( cwm 3.2.0.0)
    please i know its alot simpler cuz i notice when i read this over for corrections.please help

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Default Re: HELP ME WITH CWM 3 ON lG OPTIMUS V

Quote Originally Posted by fm4118 View Post
    Hi

i need help fast i have been trying to install a rom on my lg optimus v. But i cant. It says that it does install but when i reboot it goes back to recover y screen ( cwm 3.2.0.0)
    please i know its alot simpler cuz i notice when i read this over for corrections.please help
    your probably not rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Raul720 View Post
    your probably not rooted
    you most likely dont have permanant root becuase you rooted with a unnofficial method. like the "root" button on superoneclick

I'm also thinking you didnt read anything before u attempted this.

every thing you will read will say do NOT use CWM 3.2.0.0 its BROKEN

you have to use 3.2.0.1, that one actaully works to flash a rom.

ROM
    [ROM]Harmonia 1.3

Some ROMs also wont flash using CWM you have to use the one that the ROM dev tells you to in the post you download from. Also make sure you are really rooted not some half *** attempt by just using superoneclick , not following directions can really mess up your phone if your not careful. So please READ everything first if you don't understand something then ask.

PLEASE for the love of all thing android don't go just blindly trying to obtain root by using any program willy nilly you will mess up your phone like that.
    watskyhotsky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Retorrent View Post
    Some ROMs also wont flash using CWM you have to use the one that the ROM dev tells you to in the post you download from. Also make sure you are really rooted not some half *** attempt by just using superoneclick , not following directions can really mess up your phone if your not careful. So please READ everything first if you don't understand something then ask.

PLEASE for the love of all thing android don't go just blindly trying to obtain root by using any program willy nilly you will mess up your phone like that.

I rooted fine with super one click

Quote Originally Posted by camf3xu View Post
    I rooted fine with super one click
    Did you use the root button or the shell root button?

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    watskyhotsky likes this.

if you open SuperOneClick, connect your optimus V, and then click the "root" button and watched it automatically root your phone.

you did it WRONG. this does NOT work on the optimus V.

however, if you followed the directions, downloaded the android SDK, and the java JDK, clicked "shell root" then pushed busybox and su over to the phone using the ADB command line tool, then THAT is the correct root method.

if you rooted with the first method, you FAILED and have to do it all again.

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

I wrote a new guide, that uses Gingerbreak to root, much easier.

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

Quote Originally Posted by watskyhotsky View Post
    if you open SuperOneClick, connect your optimus V, and then click the "root" button and watched it automatically root your phone.

you did it WRONG. this does NOT work on the optimus V.

however, if you followed the directions, downloaded the android SDK, and the java JDK, clicked "shell root" then pushed busybox and su over to the phone using the ADB command line tool, then THAT is the correct root method.

if you rooted with the first method, you FAILED and have to do it all again.

I used the first method, and my phone is rooted. Been working for months

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Try taking out your SD card and installing into your PC. Then download ClockWorkMod 3.2.0.1 from here cwm-3.2.0.1.zip - LG,, Optimus,, 2X,, recovery,, clockwork,, clockworkmod put on root of SD card(not in any file folder,just put the zip toward the bottom of the list of folders) Reinstall SD card into phone. Do the recovery thing. Once in recovery see if you can select:install zip from sdcard/select zip from sdcard. Select the CWMod zip. it should install, and you should then be in the updated recovery. Wipe cache partition,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache,hit back button and wipe data/factory reset(never use the reset in the phones privacy setting). Then go to mounts and formats. Format boot,system,data,and cache. Go to install zip form sdcard/select zip from sdcard. Select the ROM. When its done go back to select zip from sdcard and select the gapps. When thats done select reboot system now.

Me too...Used superoneclick to get permanent root back in the days.

I am running AOSP rom right now. There are too many people around here claiming their way is the only way. That's usually not the case so let's try to help this person instead.

I would personally try to revert to stock. I think there is a nandroid backup floating around in these forums. That should work with clockwork recovery. Maybe 3.2.0.0 is broken, I don't know since I have not read any such thing except for the one post on this thread. If that is the case, use an older or newer version that works.

That does not work. That is why you are having problems. You are in some half rooted state.
    watskyhotsky likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Banned

to answer all YOUR QUESTIONS I ROOTED WITH GINGERBRRAK and i DID READ. SO NOW I HAVE TO USE ADB THROUGH THE PC? OR WHAT
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pcp135 View Post

I am running AOSP rom right now. There are too many people around here claiming their way is the only way. That's usually not the case so let's try to help this person instead.

I would personally try to revert to stock. I think there is a nandroid backup floating around in these forums. That should work with clockwork recovery. Maybe 3.2.0.0 is broken, I don't know since I have not read any such thing except for the one post on this thread. If that is the case, use an older or newer version that works.
    but how do i DOWNGRADE IF IM STUCK ON RECOVERY

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

You need to put this xionia recovery image in /sdcard path (either mount /sdcard & plug into PC, or take sdcard out and copy from PC.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fbaoutnaw717pnb

Then choose flash .zip in the recovery menu and it should flash the xionia recovery, from there you can flash another ROM to run. (Reminder Xionia recovery doesn't do complete wipes when flashing new ROMs, this is just a workaround to get the phone working again).
    Last edited by Whyzor; 08-03-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: updated link

I don't fully understand the problem so proposed solutions are gonna be half baked. But what Whyzor said might work. Basically, the plan should be to get a working recovery on your phone. I don't know if you can flash a recovery from recovery...seems like it should NOT be doable since you are already booted into recovery but might be doable.

Can you connect to phone while it's booted into recovery? Can you push files to /system ?

That will obviously be the toughest thing to do, I think. After that flashing a rom is piece of cake.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

I don't fully understand the problem so proposed solutions are gonna be half baked. But what Whyzor said might work. Basically, the plan should be to get a working recovery on your phone. I don't know if you can flash a recovery from recovery...seems like it should NOT be doable since you are already booted into recovery but might be doable.

Can you connect to phone while it's booted into recovery? Can you push files to /system ?

That will obviously be the toughest thing to do, I think. After that flashing a rom is piece of cake.
    You can flash a recovery using the file Whyzor posted. What it does is run a script in recovery that will execute the commands. All your doing is over-writing the current recovery.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Banned

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Banned

so how do you do that REVERT BACK TO STOCK
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Banned

Oh amd sorry for the mistake i ment clockworkmod 3.2.0.1

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

Once you have another ROM flashed & running (out of the bootloop). Here are some other recoveries you can flash:

[Tool] Flashable Zip Recoveries - xda-developers

As for CWM 3.2.0.1, I used ROM Manager app to flash that version.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eollie View Post
    You can flash a recovery using the file Whyzor posted. What it does is run a script in recovery that will execute the commands. All your doing is over-writing the current recovery.
    okay SO NOW WHEN I TURN it on it stay something about reading CACHE AND THEN IT GOES TO AN LG LOGO WITH WWW.LGMOBILE.COM AT THE BOTTOM NOW WHAT?

ROM
    HyperNonSense ICS

You have to be more descriptive about what you did so we know at which step you're at to help you. The lg.com logo is what's shown when a normal custom ROM is booting up.

okay SO NOW WHEN I TURN it on it stay something about reading CACHE AND THEN IT GOES TO AN LG LOGO WITH WWW.LGMOBILE.COM AT THE BOTTOM NOW WHAT?
    Does it stay there indefinitely? I am assuming that it does. Can you boot into recovery and see whether you have xionia now? You should have xionia now. If so then you can flash one of the stock ROMs, like Harmonia, by putting the file on the root of your sd card and then flashing the ROM from recovery. Just follow the steps from the thread for that ROM. You can also flash any other ROM for Optimus V that works for xionia.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Banned

its just state on there this IS EXACTKY HOW IR BOOTED UP:

LG LOGO (WITHOUT LGMOBILE.COM)

THEN IT GOES TO A SCREEN WITH THE FOLLOWING
    ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY...

DO NOT PULL OUT BATTERY!!!

FORMATTING DATA. ..

FORMATTING CACHE. ...

FACTORY RESET...

REBBOOTING...

THEN IT GOES TO THE SAME LOGO BEFORE

AND NOW THE LGMOBILE.COM LOGO

I TRIED THE POWER MENU HOME BACK SEARCH THING BUT IT DOES THE SAME.

IM GETTING WORRIED I THINK IM BRICKED OR STUCK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast