six axis on V?

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well it should work if it's connecting via bluetooth. I used the Nintendo Wii controller on the Optimus V and it worked great. It was running asopCM7.1 as well(IHO). Worked perfectly. Only some people get lucky with there bluetooth working on CM7.0. (If you android version is 2.3.4 you're running 7.0). 7.1 seems to work great with android 2.3.5, but the Wifi for me was constantly dropping in and out so I had to remove it.. no more bluetooth for me..

I don't see why a six axis controller wouldn't work, if I can get a optimus v to work with a Nintendo Wii controller then a Six Axis with the proper app should be able to work fine.

Reactions: notown

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Well it should work if it's connecting via bluetooth. I used the Nintendo Wii controller on the Optimus V and it worked great. It was running asopCM7.1 as well(IHO). Worked perfectly. Only some people get lucky with there bluetooth working on CM7.0. (If you android version is 2.3.4 you're running 7.0). 7.1 seems to work great with android 2.3.5, but the Wifi for me was constantly dropping in and out so I had to remove it.. no more bluetooth for me..

I don't see why a six axis controller wouldn't work, if I can get a optimus v to work with a Nintendo Wii controller then a Six Axis with the proper app should be able to work fine.

I use a Wii with my OV also but only the buttons work none of the sensors are supported by the bluetooth HID driver within the android platform pre-honeycomb. Honeycomb only has the ability for 3rd party devs to make their own. Where 4.0 is supposedly have full support for all HID.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the blitoid app thing is so you can use your phone on the ps3... While the app in the market lets you use the controller on your V... Except. It costs money lol

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I use blueputdroid but all it does is let me use androids on screen keyboard as a text input for PS3 market and web browser, it also has a area to move your finger and simulate a mouse on the PS3.

works well. but not in reverse, you cant use a PS3 controller to control stuff on the phone.

something about a sony proprietary bluetooth thing on the sixAxis. I remember reading about it a few months ago before giving up.

a WiiMote however works perfect to control stuff like Gameboid on your phone. needs a app, but the connecting process is painless

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use blueputdroid but all it does is let me use androids on screen keyboard as a text input for PS3 market and web browser, it also has a area to move your finger and simulate a mouse on the PS3.

works well. but not in reverse, you cant use a PS3 controller to control stuff on the phone.

something about a sony proprietary bluetooth thing on the sixAxis. I remember reading about it a few months ago before giving up.

a WiiMote however works perfect to control stuff like Gameboid on your phone. needs a app, but the connecting process is painless
theres an app for CM7 that lets you use your ps3 controller on your V. .. and so far people think it works great :eek:

https://market.android.com/details?...sixaxiscontroller&feature=more_from_developer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams