Info on changing phone number on a rooted phone.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I'm making this thread just to give you all some info and maybe it can help some of you who wanted/want to change their phone number.

I have a Rooted Optimus V and at the time i had Cm7(Now i have IHO CM7.1 or whatever it's called xD) and as most know, we are allowed to change our phone number for free every 24 hrs. On VM's site, so i changed mine, and the site gives you a set of numbers you type in your phone to get to the programming menu, well my phone wouldnt get to that menu, the code would simply do nothing. Now I'm not exactly sure, but I'm guessing that happens because my phones rooted, unless it was the Rom that didnt have that menu.
So, im letting you guys know, when you change your number, you'll have voice and text but no data.
VM kept saying to battery pull and try the code again, but it never worked. They even started an "investigation" and gave me the case number and what not because when i called people my new number would show, but in VM's system, my number wasn't registered. They even said the number was someone else's.
but yeah, all i did to get data back and my phone back to normal was call VM like 3 times straight complaining that i couldnt get to my programming menu and the rep just reset my data and whatever and it worked.
So when you change your number and cant get to the programming menu (im guessing because your phone is rooted or the specific Rom doesn't allow you) just harras VM till they reset your data and whatever else they have to do.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, good idea. But if that would work, those idiots should have just said that xD I had to go to that programming menu... but then again, good idea, because that would reset it all.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, good idea. But if that would work, those idiots should have just said that xD I had to go to that programming menu... but then again, good idea, because that would reset it all.

Did you tell them you installed a custom rom?
Im guessing no because they would have stopped helping you right away.

For future reference, non of the Gingerbread rom have the ability to get into the VM programming menus. You have to install a Froyo rom to do that.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lmao Hell no i didnt tell them that.
thanks for that info guys, hopefully others learn from this thread... that was the whole point of making it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc