Having minor trouble flashing on my 32gb sdcard

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had some trouble flashing roms in the past. I have used a 32 GB sdcard (I know its overkill, but its the only one I got besides the 2GB that came with it)..

It seems that even when flashing a particular rom that doesn't work on the 32gb sdcard, it works when I try it using the 2 gb sdcard. I think the problem is the 32gb is an HC sdcard and the 2 gb is not (but I'm not sure). The problem I have is when I install a new rom by doing this, I lose some of my apps, etc. I save them on the 32gb sdcard when it allows me to do so..

Anyway, how can I effectively use the 2gb sdcard just for flashing. And how do I back up my data, etc. as I don't want to keep signing in every time I flash a new rom and would like to keep my added apps too?

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me on this, It seems there should be a simple way to go about this. I'm just too stupid to figure it out.:confused:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had some trouble flashing roms in the past. I have used a 32 GB sdcard (I know its overkill, but its the only one I got besides the 2GB that came with it)..

It seems that even when flashing a particular rom that doesn't work on the 32gb sdcard, it works when I try it using the 2 gb sdcard. I think the problem is the 32gb is an HC sdcard and the 2 gb is not (but I'm not sure). The problem I have is when I install a new rom by doing this, I lose some of my apps, etc. I save them on the 32gb sdcard when it allows me to do so..

Anyway, how can I effectively use the 2gb sdcard just for flashing. And how do I back up my data, etc. as I don't want to keep signing in every time I flash a new rom and would like to keep my added apps too?

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me on this, It seems there should be a simple way to go about this. I'm just too stupid to figure it out.:confused:
First download Titanium Backup onto your phone with the 32G inserted. Make a batch backup of all your apps(menu/preferences). This will also make a folder on your sd card called Titanium Backup. Copy that folder onto a new folder on your PC.

Install the 2G into your PC and copy that new folder that you named Titanium Backup onto it.On to the root of your 2G install two recovery's,xionia 12518.4 and ClockWorkMod 3.2.0.1(not 3.2.0). Rename one recovery.img,and the other vrecovery.img. As a rule of thumb: Xionia=most Froyo ROM's,CWM=all CM7 ROM's. Install the ROM zip and the gapps zip if necessary to the root of your sd card.

Reinsert the 2G into phone whenever you want to install a new ROM (before an install just make sure that your Titanium Backup folder is up to date)

When you install a new ROM you need to wipe 3 things and format 4. Data is one of the things you must wipe and format if your installing a new ROM. This means you will loose all data. But you used Titanium Backup, so installing your apps on the new ROM is a snap. Look at all the options it has(press menu button,select preferences). Your still going to have to sign in to your google account(you had to wipe all data). I like to set up the WiFi first, then sign in to the market and download Titanium Backup. Reinstall your apps. from Titanium Backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: ravenroost

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463