Link2SD asking me for SD Card 2nd part. type

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I just partitioned my SD Card using ClockworkMod Recovery. I made a 1GB extended partition, and a 64MB swap. I am running Link2SD for the first time, and it's asking me what my SD card's 2nd partition type is, and I don't know. options are ext2, ext3, ext4, and FAT32/FAT16.

Does anyone know what type CWM creates?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

same message with ext4. also same message with ext2. I tried FAT for laughs, and it just said Invalid Argument.

I decided to start over, I formatted my card in the phone in order to wipe out any extra partitions.

Not sure where to go from here. I need a tool that's going to make an extra partition that can be used by Link2SD. Apparently, ClockworkMod's partition wasn't able to be used/mounted by Link2SD.

Last edited:

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I used CWMA Recovery (virgin edition), and the ext3 partition it creates works just fine with Link2SD. I'm on Bumblebee ROM.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
What rom are you on? You can flash your own recovery through the terminal emulator. You can also use a free pc program to do it. Let me know your rom and I'll point you in the right direction for what you need. Different roms use different ext.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
What rom are you on? You can flash your own recovery through the terminal emulator. You can also use a free pc program to do it. Let me know your rom and I'll point you in the right direction for what you need. Different roms use different ext.

Stock Optimus V rom. Thanks!

BTW. I used MiniTool to create my 2nd partition, so Link2SD is working great now.

But I would like to get a nice solid backup ROM of the current system. I made one with ROM Manager, but I'm not sure the right way to test that it works without screwing things up.

Sent from my VM670

Last edited:

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Clock work doesn't work with stock its meant for cm7.
You need xionia you can get the Optimus v version here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...s/61431-xionia-goodies-optimus-v-edition.html you only need the recovery.

To flash it here's a good tutorial. Two lines in the terminal emulator and your done, then reboot into recovery and make a backup. http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ries-through-terminal-emulator-very-easy.html

Stock also uses fat32 ext but you already figured that one out.:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz