1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't type, forced to reboot to fix

My phone sometimes does not let me type and I have to reboot my phone to be able to type again. I have tried the stock keyboard during the times I can't type and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know of this and how to fix it? Thanks!

Sent from my VM670

Default Re: Please help!

Are you running a custom rom?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by chris.r.floyd View Post
    Are you running a custom rom?
    Yes, I am.

Sent from my VM670
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wait, I am running the stock, but I have before.

Sent from my VM670

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Default Re: Can't type, forced to reboot to fix

What keyboard are you using? And make sure the app is stored in internal memory, not moved to the sd card. Moving a keyboard app to the sd card will cause it to malfunction.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by riggerman View Post
    What keyboard are you using? And make sure the app is stored in internal memory, not moved to the sd card. Moving a keyboard app to the sd card will cause it to malfunction.
    SwiftKey X, the app is on the phone memory.

Sent from my VM670

Go to phone settings/applications find swiftkey and clear data, the keyboard might be confused going from one rom to another, if you wipe data everytime you switch roms, it might fix it

I was going to say try a different (custom) rom.. My stock froyo would never upload anything, it would always crash. Switching to a custom rom I liked fixed this issue and I'm sure would fix your keyboard issue
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thank you for your help! It seems to be working fine now, knock on wood lol, but I will keep your tips in mind if this happens again.

Sent from my VM670