Honeycomb Launcher

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i tried it too. its very buggy. its not your phone, its just not a good app.

also a 3.2 inch screen is way too small, i can see this better used on a decent sized tablet thats running some android below honeycomb

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i tried it too. its very buggy. its not your phone, its just not a good app.

also a 3.2 inch screen is way too small, i can see this better used on a decent sized tablet thats running some android below honeycomb

Yeah, figured it was just buggy but wanted to inquire as to anyone elses experience with it.
Too bad too because I really like that launcher. Might be my favorite out of the ones I have tried.
Could also be that I like it when things play "hard to get" lol

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
How boring the world would be if we all thought like you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Tablet os on a phone does not sound appealing to me. That's the exact reason Google didn't release the source code for honeycomb. They didn't want people putting it on phones.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tablet os on a phone does not sound appealing to me. That's the exact reason Google didn't release the source code for honeycomb. They didn't want people putting it on phones.

It's a clone to mimic the honeycomb launcher not the official launcher. I just like the look. I never asked people if they liked it or their opinions of the idea. Was asking for people that had tried it. Either offer alternative options or work on your reading comprehension, if you aren't going to stick to the topic.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a clone to mimic the honeycomb launcher not the official launcher. I just like the look. I never asked people if they liked it or their opinions of the idea. Was asking for people that had tried it. Either offer alternative options or work on your reading comprehension, if you aren't going to stick to the topic.

your own sig says flame on, haha. take a little criticism.

besides he has a point, even though this launcher just copies honeycomb, its still way too cluttered for a small screen. there is a very good reason the official honeycomb is not part of gingerbread, it doesnt work on phones.

ice cream sandwich should solve this issue, unifying tablets and phones with a similar UI

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
your own sig says flame on, haha. take a little criticism.

besides he has a point, even though this launcher just copies honeycomb, its still way too cluttered for a small screen. there is a very good reason the official honeycomb is not part of gingerbread, it doesnt work on phones.

ice cream sandwich should solve this issue, unifying tablets and phones with a similar UI

Well flame on doesn't imply, or didn't, commenting an opinion on a topic where your opinion isn't even asked for or considered lol. I like the launcher interface even on my small screen. Just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it or gotten it to work properly. In the description for the launcher it says, if anyone bothers reading it, that it's also for phones just not mdpi. Obviously I ignored that part as I have gotten other things like themes for theme manager to work fine on my phone and was no harm in trying. If he had used the launcher and then given his opinion that would be great but having no experience in a topic and giving your ignorant opinion doesn't help. :) This isn't directed at you just a general saying. ;) I expect to get flamed with a rational or at least semi intelligent comment not stupidity that even a 5 year old could come up with.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well flame on doesn't imply, or didn't, commenting an opinion on a topic where your opinion isn't even asked for or considered lol. I like the launcher interface even on my small screen. Just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it or gotten it to work properly. In the description for the launcher it says, if anyone bothers reading it, that it's also for phones just not mdpi. Obviously I ignored that part as I have gotten other things like themes for theme manager to work fine on my phone and was no harm in trying. If he had used the launcher and then given his opinion that would be great but having no experience in a topic and giving your ignorant opinion doesn't help. :) This isn't directed at you just a general saying. ;) I expect to get flamed with a rational or at least semi intelligent comment not stupidity that even a 5 year old could come up with.

but the only people who flame others are the kinds who have no real argument

jralabate

Android Ninja
Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It works super great for me try to change your screen dpi I have mine at 130 and see if that works

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with IHO(all) CM7

Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
but the only people who flame others are the kinds who have no real argument

Ok you got me there lol.

It works super great for me try to change your screen dpi I have mine at 130 and see if that works

Sent via Tapatalk using a LG Optumis V with IHO(all) CM7

I'm not sure on how to change that setting but I'll have to look it up. Thanks for the advice.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Actually I did try the launcher, it force closed twice in 5 minutes, I uninstalled.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

The topic was about this honeycomb launcher. I posted what I thought about it. That is the topic. If you can't handle someone not having the same opinion as you maybe you shouldn't be on the internet as it is a huge mass of different opinions.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If you like the look of it try Go launcher with the honeycomb skin - it gets you the look and the wallpaper without the newer UI - but still looks nice. It is what I use and it the launcher itself has a lot of nice capabilities over stock.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
@Kiddo Learn to read.

@mcknollman Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it that way which was ok. I usually use Go Launcher and it's honeycomb skin. It comes close and it looks good. :)

@Vishwar Forum flames are always fun lol. I sit at a desk all day and get bored. People on forums are always good for a laugh. If you ever need one look at Eollies comments, they always crack me up.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
@Kiddo Learn to read.

@mcknollman Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it that way which was ok. I usually use Go Launcher and it's honeycomb skin. It comes close and it looks good. :)

@Vishwar Forum flames are always fun lol. I sit at a desk all day and get bored. People on forums are always good for a laugh. If you ever need one look at Eollies comments, they always crack me up.

Im not sure whether to be offended or honored.