Busybox not installed correctly.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
(I intended this thread to be in the Rooting sub-forum. Sorry.)

Root Checker says my Busybox is not installed correctly. "Busybox not installed in the system declared path". Attempting to reinstall it doesn't work as the Busybox installer tells me I already installed it and there's a problem. Not sure what went wrong. Or what to do about it. I see busybox in my system/xbin folder when using ES File Explorer. Can I just delete that and reinstall it or what?

I'm on Harmonia 1.5E. Just flashed it last night. Thanks!

Edit: for hahas, I opened the busybox installer again and installed an earlier version that was on the list. It said the installation was successful. Went into Root Checker, same error message. Went into Busybox again and installed the most recent version again, and again it said the installation was sucessful. Went into root checker again and same error message. What are the chances that root checker is just wrong? Should I ignore root checker if Busybox is reporting to me that installation went fine? Is there any other app that can confirm Busybox?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
(I intended this thread to be in the Rooting sub-forum. Sorry.)

Root Checker says my Busybox is not installed correctly. "Busybox not installed in the system declared path". Attempting to reinstall it doesn't work as the Busybox installer tells me I already installed it and there's a problem. Not sure what went wrong. Or what to do about it. I see busybox in my system/xbin folder when using ES File Explorer. Can I just delete that and reinstall it or what?

I'm on Harmonia 1.5E. Just flashed it last night. Thanks!

Edit: for hahas, I opened the busybox installer again and installed an earlier version that was on the list. It said the installation was successful. Went into Root Checker, same error message. Went into Busybox again and installed the most recent version again, and again it said the installation was sucessful. Went into root checker again and same error message. What are the chances that root checker is just wrong? Should I ignore root checker if Busybox is reporting to me that installation went fine? Is there any other app that can confirm Busybox?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
This has happened to me on various roms. I fixed it every time by wiping and flashing again. Could be another work around, but this is the way I did it and it's never failed.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
That did the trick. I wiped cache, dalvik, and system reset.

The other thing I realized I did is the last time around I got Busybox from the market and installed it, not knowing that Harmonia comes bundled with Busybox in the first place. Maybe it created a conflict of some sort.

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So even though re-flashing worked to remedy the busybox thing, after the new flash, I've lost about 35MB of user storage. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened to it. I've tried re-flashing again but I always have 141MB free after the flash, instead of the 176MB i should be getting after installing Harmonia. I have a backup of the install with the busybox problem, and sure enough, I have a bunch of apps installed, and still have like 121MB free on that install, but have the busybox problem. I'd like to fix the busybox problem, so I can keep this extra storage.

If not, I need to figure out where the hell the 35MB went. It's driving me nuts! lol

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Go to mounts, wipe boot and system along with the other wipes. Reflash. Don't see why your fresh flash wouldn't have the full space.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Go to mounts, wipe boot and system along with the other wipes. Reflash. Don't see why your fresh flash wouldn't have the full space.

Thanks. Once I get Bumblebee set the way I like and back it up, maybe I'll try that before reflashing Harmonia and see what happens.

Don't think I mentioned it in this thread, but I'm able to flash Bumblebee and get a full 176mb available, but flashing Harmonia only leaves me with 141mb or so. Even though both advertise 176mb.

Azmat Afridi

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Busybox file was not found in the system declared path

I have installed busybox pro 28.0 but when I check on root checker pro it shall ask ( Busybox file was not found in the system declared path) please help it end of issue.