08-27-2011 04:16 PM
- its not an issue. just be mindful of the apps you download. people can create apps that are malicious and upload them to the market under a false name and people will download it. read the reviews and stick to the well known apps by good developers.
i think the virus thing is overblown, its a fairly secure OS save for a user-installed malicious app. its up to you to make sure your safe, not some antivirus app.08-25-2011 02:06 AMLike 1
- Where did you see the 76% number? I did a Google search for it and all I could find is that Android malware was up 76%, not that 76% were vulnerable. That 76% increase as well means that there have now been 44 infected programs found out there for Android. Most of the infected programs have been from non-market sources. That is to say, they are from installing apks from random sites by downloading and installing, not from installing things through the market.
I think like the other poster said, if you stick to things from the market (or amazon's appstore) and read the reviews to make sure they are generally positive before installing, you should be fine.08-25-2011 12:58 PM
- antivirus on an open source system is a joke at best. Anyone can work around it.
However, a little protection is better then no protection.
Lookout Mobile Security
scans for known viruses and malware, they are usually up to date but nothing is fail proof. Always check your permissions. Why does a flashlight app need to make a call or see contacts or text messages08-25-2011 02:36 PM
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk08-27-2011 12:26 PM
- The 76% thing is from an article released back in early 2010 and stated that at that time roughly 76% of android user were still using pre-2.2.1 which was still vulnerable to DroidDream and has been reiterated over and over to cover any subject about viruses on any Android platform.08-27-2011 01:16 PM
- Actually no but It is from this article dated the 24 of this month on cnet Android malware up 76 percent, nonexistent on iOS | iPhone Atlas - CNET News It was a pretty good read.08-27-2011 02:45 PM
- 08-27-2011 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD