Stock ROM, new supported Netflix app won't run

tthoma

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Have a stock Optimus V. I installed the Netflix app from the market today after noticing it was finally available and purports to support all 2.2 and 2.3 Androids. But when I launch it, I get the red Netflix screen briefly then it goes to a white screen and nothing happens. I can exit, but nothing else happens in the app. Rebooted for good measure, no change. On Wifi at the time. :confused:

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I also just tried the "new" Netflix app and thought it was really pixelated and the voice/picture was off. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the version prior to the previous version. (!) Even though the green bar was displayed at the very top, everything was in sync and fairly sharp.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You need to use a Netflix version prior to 1.3.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Why?
The newest netflix app is suppose to be available to all phones.

Get Netflix on all Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices.
Just download this free app and you can instantly watch TV shows & movies streaming from Netflix.
• It's part of your Netflix unlimited membership. Not a Netflix member? Start your FREE trial today.
• Watch as often as you want.
• Resume watching where you left off on your TV or computer.
• Browse movies and manage your instant Queue right from your phone or tablet.
Netflix playback is supported on all Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices.

tthoma

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it. I wasn't the only one with the white screen issue, some of the comments in the Market indicated that a number of people had this problem. I should have been suspicious when the app was 29MB; it should be about 7MB. Maybe they had a bad binary posted or something. Up and running on Wifi no problem now.