1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default " root of your sdcard"

So I just rooted my Optimus V YAY! but now I have a problem I backed up my apps using Titanium back up and want to flash the ThunderC recovery so I can have a backup if I screw anything up. Question is it asks me to "copy flash_image and recovery-thunderc-v-1.2.0-GNM.img.zip (both unzipped) to the root of your sdcard." ok so do I physically take out the sd card plug it into my computer and go from there? or is it supposed to show up under my computer when the phone is plugged in (with the sd card in it).

ROM
    modified BACKside

Default Re: " root of your sdcard"

Either way actually works. You can either unmount your SD card from your phone (Settings > SD Card and Storage) or just plug your phone in and turn on USB Storage mode.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm an *****... I didn't enable usb storage on my phone now it worked. Thanks alot for reminding me appreciate it!

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

flash_image and the recovery.img need to be unzipped and put near the bottom of the list of file folders on the sd card(this is what root of sd card means,just not in a file folder).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

UPDATE! Ok so my phones rooted and I wanted to install Reborn Rom following Guide. I did so, but my Gapps weren't coming up so I re- did it but this time also flash the gapps before rebooting... It didn't work! I've tried it so many times and im pretty sure I'm wiping everything I'm supposed to be wiping. I've tried other Roms and the same problem comes up and some Roms my Home key doesn't work for some odd reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ROM
    modified BACKside

Quote Originally Posted by Murrik View Post
    UPDATE! Ok so my phones rooted and I wanted to install Reborn Rom following Guide. I did so, but my Gapps weren't coming up so I re- did it but this time also flash the gapps before rebooting... It didn't work! I've tried it so many times and im pretty sure I'm wiping everything I'm supposed to be wiping. I've tried other Roms and the same problem comes up and some Roms my Home key doesn't work for some odd reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The ROMs based on the Optimus S have the home and back keys switched (I think it's those two haha) but you'll have to have a button mapper fix those.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Quote Originally Posted by Murrik View Post
    The Reborn ROM does not require any gapps(only the gingerbread ROMs need the gapps)
    ROMTools installs Xionia Recovery as the recovery. While in your recovery some "V"s the selection button is the menu button,others it's the home button(if you chose one and it makes your screen go black hit it again and use the other button instead) The Reborn ROM does not require you to flash Gapps(gapps are for the Gingerbread ROMs) as it's a froyo based ROM.

Now you need to do all these things(this must be done when installing a new ROM or restoring a backup)
    1.wipe cache partition.
    2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section)
    3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE
    4.format boot,system,data,and cache
    5.go to install zip from sd card
    6.go to select zip from sd card,chose the ROM. When the install is complete chose reboot system now

It will take 5-10min. for the initial reboot.

Now you can go to the market app and click on it and sign in to your google account(you must have your e-mail address and log in code).Reboot the phone twice then set up your apps. Once you get everything set up just the way you like it and all your apps are just where you want them,go back into your recovery and make a backup of that ROM. You can now delete the first backup if you need to (you might keep it if you ever need to revert back to stock to sell the phone).

If you want to install a theme all you have to do is go into the recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache,then do the same thing you did to install the ROM(theme must remain zipped)
    When you need to install an update to an installed ROM,all you have to do is wipe cache,and dalvik.

To change the boot animation (must remain zipped) go to /system/media(make sure that you have changed permission of the system from r/o to r/w) and delete the boot animation found there. Then copy the boot animation you have on the sd card and paste it where the old animation used to be(on next reboot it will be there)
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 09-16-2011 at 05:29 AM.