Netflix on the market

sinimsdp

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with this since they made it available to all 2.2 and 2.3's? I've been using a v1.2.1 Netflix that I got a few months back and has the green bar/shifted colors issue. Downloading the app from the market gives me a nice clear picture, but it lags behind the audio horribly and sometimes just stays a black screen. I was just wondering if anyone has gotten Netflix to work on their OV with no lag and no green bar.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My experience is the same as yours - and I've read countless others say the same.

1.2.2 is the latest working version for me. Still has the green bar and bluish color shift, but at least it is watchable.

Sorry, that's little help to you. Just letting you know.

sinimsdp

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Guess we'll have to keep trying with each update and hope they fix it. If enough people complain they may look into it.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Guess we'll have to keep trying with each update and hope they fix it. If enough people complain they may look into it.

My understanding is they went to H.264 encoding starting with V1.3, and the OV processor simply isn't fast enough to keep up. That's why video is falling behind the audio.

That's what another poster wrote anyway.

Now, Netflix has used H.264 forever, so maybe this simply means that earlier versions of the app were able to access a less demanding encode (say MPEG2).

Anyways, if true it could mean that we'll simply not get this on low-end phones - like we're not getting flash.

Just a thought...

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
netflix 1.2.2 works for me, i downloaded one with the update checker disable from XDA. i haven't have any problems with it

[APP][UPDATE][Netflix V1.4.1] Netflix Rotation Enabled Apps w/ Colored Loading Screen - Page 9 - xda-developers
Does that version work for you? I still get the update prompt when I use it. But when I use the one in the original post of that thread (stock 1.2.2 w/ update disabled), it doesn't have update prompt. But green bar is still there.

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The green bar will go away if you use a CM7 based ROM. ;)

Ahh ok, I thought they had resolved that since the original Netflix versions which needed a device hack. At least there's no shift in colors anymore. Netflix v1.30 doesn't have green bar on Bumblebee (Froyo) ROM, but A/V does out of sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty