Juice defender.. What are your thoughts?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I use juice defender ultimate and enjoy not having to toggle mobile data and wifi off when it's not needed to save battery. Why are your thoughts on juice defender vs manual toggle?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

sevs753

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I used to use juice defender but after switching to CM7 and getting the notification power widget, I just manual toggle.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have the widget apps in the pull down notification area. I turn everything off and just go to the pull down ,no matter what screen I'm on,to turn something I need on.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I went a day toggling with power widget and it didn't really seem to save any extra battery over juice defender but it definitely was more convenient with juice defender enabled

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded JuiceDefender and got Ultimate all in one day yesterday. it isn't too bad. I like it. I just hate that I have to turn it off when I use my EasyTether app. it's kind of a pain then

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded JuiceDefender and got Ultimate all in one day yesterday. it isn't too bad. I like it. I just hate that I have to turn it off when I use my EasyTether app. it's kind of a pain then
What do you get with Ultimate? Is it only for people who like to tweak settings?

I'm using the regular JuiceDefender with the "set it and forget it" default setting. Not sure what it really does at that setting or if I'm missing out on anything. I just remember at initial install when I looked at the JuiceDefender log, it said something along the lines of "no 3G control. Get AOSP. "

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Juice Defender is about automation it does not save u battery life it lets u not think about it. JD has to turn on ur wifi, scan and then shut it off over and over again while u are away from wifi which wastes battery life compared to controlling it urself. The fact is most people are horribly forgetful and overall lazy so they look for a way to set their phone one way and let automation take over.

So IMO JD is easier not better than manual toggling.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I tend to only use JD when I'm away from home, out for the day, on 3G. I let it toggle 3G on every 30 minutes to sync my Gmail. Otherwise it keeps it off. Helps a lot with battery in those circumstances. When I'm home and/or on Wifi I leave JD off.

Sent via VM670

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Set your screen to stay on when usb is connected and jd won't kill the connection. Works for me. I'm not sure the difference either... I just remember the free version making a big difference and I thought ultimate might help more and its always good to support the dev if you like the app.