No recovery

pacman377

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this is in the wrong area to post this and if someone could direct me the proper thread I would be very greatful. I was trying root, install a custom recovery, and a rom. I followed one of the posts and installed clockwork mod recovery from rom manager. Now I am stuck with a recovery that only shows the lg and then black screen. I have tried changing to a different custom recovery that works with the newer optmus v (the ones shipped with the optimus s screen software I believe) via terminal emulator but still no luck. I cant even enter stock recovery mode. The phone still works fine just cant proceed to the cm7 rom till this is fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

pacman377

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I had looked at that post already and tried flashing the two that had the recovery image and still the same thing. The phone is actually my friends and monday when we get togather I will try the two recoverys again in case i did something wrong. I have also found the stock recovery image and was wondering about flashing it. Then using stock recovery to install the zip with the proper drivers that he has mentioned on that post. What are you thoughts on that?

Last edited:

SuperJelapo

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this is in the wrong area to post this and if someone could direct me the proper thread I would be very greatful. I was trying root, install a custom recovery, and a rom. I followed one of the posts and installed clockwork mod recovery from rom manager. Now I am stuck with a recovery that only shows the lg and then black screen. I have tried changing to a different custom recovery that works with the newer optmus v (the ones shipped with the optimus s screen software I believe) via terminal emulator but still no luck. I cant even enter stock recovery mode. The phone still works fine just cant proceed to the cm7 rom till this is fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Go to the Android market. Download app: "Flash Image GUI". Go here: VM670NH_recovery.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download . After downloading that new recovery.img use "Flash Image GUI" app to apply that file to your "recovery image". After finished... power off, home, volume down and power button until your LG logo shows then let off. Bam! Problem solved. I had this issue and that was my fix. New LG screen custom recovery solved without a PC. *DO EVERYTHING FROM THE PHONE OF TOPIC*

Last edited:
Reactions: pacman377

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the same exact problem. Here's how I fixed it.

First, make sure you are rooted and that busybox is installed properly.

This is a cool little free app that helps with this step.

Second, get BobZ's version of IHO, optimized for the Optimus V. CM7.1.0.1-VM670-BobZ-NH-101311.zip Also, get Latest Gapps gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip,
flash_image and finally get this recovery image recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-ov.img

Put these files on your SD card, then, in a Terminal App type the following commands, one at a time (in other words, hit [Enter] after each line).

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mount -o remount,ro /system /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.4-ov.img

It is very important that you type each line exactly. If you get any errors, don't continue.
If you get no errors, type this in

Code:
reboot recovery

This will boot you into the custom recovery image that is compatible with your screen.

From there do these operations (use vol up, vol down, camera and back buttons to navigate menus)

Factory Reset, wipe cache & dalvik-cache, then format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.

Flash the custom ROM.zip from sdcard and gapps.zip

Reboot and enjoy the new ROM, the first boot takes longer than usual, also some problems may disappear after rebooting.

Last edited:

superfilapo

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You did all of that? Ouch. The method posted by "SuperJelapo", my girlfriend, takes literally less than a minute. And is literally fail proof. Not being argumentative just trying to keep it simple and easy. When I had the same issue I found nothing but Techno babble and coding and stuff I didn't want to do after ROM manager soft bricked two VM670s. Follow the method posted by "SuperJelapo" after you've got your selected ROM, Bobzhome or MiRaGe are awesome, downloaded to your SD card with the latest Google apps, all links needed are provided by previous poster, downloaded to your SD card and the flash image as well. Use "Flash Image GUI" app from the Market and apply the flash image from your SD card. Click "Recovery Image" within the app and select "Flash" allow up to 20 seconds. When completed, poweroff. Press and hold Home, Volume Down, and Power until the LG logo appears. Release. Once in Recovery mode: Backup data, Factory Data Reset (if coming from stock or other ROM than CM7) Wipe cache, go to "advanced" and wipe dalvik cache. Use back button. Install from SD card: ROM, and then Gapps. Reboot and enjoy! I'm running the MiRaGe build w/ stock launcher and status bar addition(build 10222011) on this VM670. Bobzhome build has fixable mms issues. I can help people fix them as well. Enjoy.

Last edited:

pacman377

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all of you. When I get up with my buddy I'll give these a shot and see how it goes. I will let you know what happens and thanks again.

Finally got recovery and Mirage installed. Thanks everyone!! My buddy is lovin his new phone!

Last edited:

superfilapo

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I love Mirage. I applied the stock launcher add on and transparent status bar add on. Very smooth and works great. Not bad for 100 dollar phone and 35 bucks a month huh? I came from a Nexus S 4G from Sprint and prefer this phone, like it is now. You can also get a flash player installed. Go here: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 on ARMv6 - xda-developers - download the flash zip and use "ES File Explorer" from the Android market to find Adobe in the "downloads" folder. Long press on it, extract, click the folder and click on the red Adobe logo. Install and bam. Flash on a VM670!

pacman377

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
My buddy loves his new phone. He said its so much faster and smother. Deffinetly got to get him hooked up with the flash player. After messing with his phone I cant wait till they get CM7 for my X2. I love Eclipse but CM7 seems to have so much more.

caddi27

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm also have a blank screen when booting into recovery mode with clockworkmod recovery. I tried using the flash image gui method but it didn't work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated; I really want to put a custom rom on my phone.