low memory

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're rooted, just grab a file manager and delete them. I wouldn't suggest deleting gmail, I think it's pretty heavily tied into the system, unless someone can correct me

Ronin Wolf

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, if rooted you can move the files to your SD card.

If your not rooted, then no, you can't get rid of them, just move as much as you can to your SD card.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't suggest deleting gmail, I think it's pretty heavily tied into the system, unless someone can correct me

Deleting gmail may affect other gapps. I however have deleted gmail and have not experienced any problems. I use the stock email app for accessing my gmail email account.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Use Gingersnap Root Utility available in this forum. ( Just type it in the search box) It's by Team
Aphrodyties and it's very stable. Download it to your Mac or Windows Pc following the instructions
as listed. Make sure to enable the USB connection to the phone. (enable USB Debugging also in
the Settings-Applications-Development section of your phone). Then Extract the files in the computer and locate the one with icon that looks like a gingerbread cookie. Open it up, and follow the instructions. Easy and permanent root for your OV. Try downloading Rom Manager after the root
and SystemAPK Manager from the Market. Be careful what you delete from your phone. Try freezing it for a while first, and if your phone runs in a stable condition, then you didn't need it. Leave you Gmail intact as your ability to connect with the Android Market is dependant on it. Try running Memory Booster Lite as it is a RAM optimizer and it will help. your OV is a good phone. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12