Weird Problem

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This was happening even before I rooted my phone, but I'm wondering if there's a solution.
More often now than before, my phone won't "wake up" when it's locked. I'll press every button and the screen will stay dark, and SOMETIMES the buttons light up... is there a way I can fix this?

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
That happens every once in a while to me too; however, usually pushing the power button once then the back button brings it back.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This happens to me when my Overclock's low frequency is too low to handle whatever is happening in the background it seems.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This is what caused me to have similar problems too. No need to have your min frequency below 480.

Actually, from my experience on froyo if you don't overclock then you'll get better battery life if your phone sits idle a lot. Doesn't help you if you use your phone a lot though lol

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, from my experience on froyo if you don't overclock then you'll get better battery life if your phone sits idle a lot. Doesn't help you if you use your phone a lot though lol

I stayed on Froyo for about a week before switching to Gingerbread and haven't looked back since, so I'll have to take your word on that.

On Gingerbread, with min frequency at 600 and max at 806, I get around two days on average with fairly heavy use. Large improvement from the 10-15 hrs I got on stock Froyo.

screenshot-1318788281244.png

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I thought my min but at or above 400, nope it was 245 also. I was getting average about 16 hours with fairly heavy use. Let's see how this helps! What governor are you guys using?

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
...I don't know what a governor is.

And I've had my phone unplugged since 5am and it's at 63% now. That's 17 hours! Wow.

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I've had mine set on demand for a while now. I was using interactive for a while but I couldn't really tell a difference. I'll be able to see how upping my min will affect tomorrow after a full charge tonight.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
what's the difference in the governors? I wanna use Smartass. haha. but I don't want to change until I know the differences in the governors.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I thought my min but at or above 400, nope it was 245 also. I was getting average about 16 hours with fairly heavy use. Let's see how this helps! What governor are you guys using?

I'm using the InteractiveX governor on the latest IHO Backside ROM. I also use JuiceDefender Ultimate. Without it, i get around 10 hours less.

...I don't know what a governor is.

And I've had my phone unplugged since 5am and it's at 63% now. That's 17 hours! Wow.

Google "Android Governor" and you'll get a far more in depth explanation than I'll give. Basically, it's how your cpu handles frequency scaling.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ah. thanks.
and I ditched Juice Defender a couple days ago. I just use a widget to turn off my 3G when I'm not browsing the internet. Since I'm constantly texting, JD kept turning my 3G on and off, wasting even more battery... and I never use Wi-Fi so that's always off.

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yikes. Granted I did just watch youtube videos for about an hour my battery is at 58 percent right now after 4 hours unplugged. What screen brightness are you guys using?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma