I keep loosing my apps on SD card? (moved to sd) why?

ftldiver

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
this has happened more than once...

originally I thought it was from not having the right LG drivers on my win7 pc (home), then I downloaded the latest drivers and was good. (copied mp3, pics), and a ton of apps.

including move to sd app. (I had just moved all I could to the sd last night...)

each time I connect to my pc I 'turn on usb storage' + OK. (on the phone side).

at work my pc pops a 'what do you want to do' to the found usb drive... I say take no action, and don't copy files (used just to charge).

anyway, today (work pc WinXP), I go to my phone settings (droid 2.2) and sd card, and see total space = Unavailable.

(this is a 16gb class 4 card)

ps: after powering my phone down, while connected, the window XP(work) pops a found new hardware wizard, and I always say No. (is that the problem, I should allow windows to search for the drivers?) (-trying that now w/ phone off... winxp is searching for LG Android usb device)

-in the manage apps, google sky is gone... which was on the sd card...

can someone clue me in what I'm doing wrong?

TIA!

ftldiver

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
update, power up phone, win xp pops a new hardward found, I say take no action...

open win explorer, open F: and see all my stuff. (music) -well maybe not ALL...

were would Look to find say google sky?

attached is my sd card dir...

after disconnecting the usb cable, and turning off usb storage, (under settings, sd card, total space = 15.05 gb, avail = 14.01 avail

OH WAIT!!!!

under manage apps, all, I see google sky!

and when I go to the home, all my apps are back! google sky is working..

-Please correct me if I misunderstand...

once I connect to my pc, and turn on usb storage, I can no longer access any apps on the SD card? (so they are not runnable?)

better solution if I'm not copying files, (just charging) is to not turn usb storage?

-I just hate to loose the 20 hours I'd got into dowloading apps...

TIA! :cool:

Last edited:

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen once... Several of my apps had disappeared from the list and shortcuts to them that I had put on the desktop had generic icons and failed to work. I just assumed something had gotten corrupted.

To be sure I shut down, powered off my phone and removed the battery. Then I removed the SD Card and blew on the terminals (NES anyone?) I then reinserted my SD Card and the battery and powered it back up and what do you know? The apps were back!

I was concerned because right after I got my phone I used an SD Card reader to copy the contents of my 2GB included SD Card to a 4GB SD Card I had laying around from my old digital camera. Then I installed the 4GB Card and it had been working for only a week when this happened.

But it hasn't happened again since (for several weeks now) so I don't know.. maybe the card had a bad connection in the slot or something. I did notice that sometimes after a reboot several apps don't show up on the list at first but usually magically 'appear' after 60 seconds or so. Maybe this 4GB card is just really slow...

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
only one device can access the SD card at any given time.

when you connect to a PC, if you start browsing the SD card with the PC, the Android OS gives up the ability to read the SD card.

so any apps on it are not available until you disconnect from the PC, this way android can read the sd card again and see the app

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It even prompts you on your device telling you that basically any apps on the card or using the card will not function properly when you turn on usb storage. But if you are just charging the phone, why would you turn it on anyway?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty