1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Bumblebee

Default Drop to 1x Due to heavy traffic?

I was using Pandora at work for 8 solid hours on my phone for weeks. Then last week I kept dropping into 1x during the day. Only between 8-5 would it do this. Full signal bar normally have full 3g. At first it was 3pm on to 5 that it would be 1x then it was all day until it hit 5pm on the dot. I just left it alone and quit listening to pandora at all and it hasn't happened since. Is Virgin Mobile knocking me to 1x so I won't use Pandora?

They might be stream capping.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Drop to 1x Due to heavy traffic?

Building I work in doesnt allow cell phones to work, so I got cell ranger stick. Now inside the building I have 4 or 5 bars when close to the repeater, but data still really sucks. I thought Sprint VM was the one in the commercial where the phone kept on going up with out any limit or loss of speed. Maybe it's only for Sprint.

ROM
    modified BACKside

That's probably just Sprint. Even though VM uses Sprint technology, to the outside customer they want to be seen as two separate companies.

I also thought I heard that VM would start data caps in 2012.
    Daydream Believer

ROM
    Victorious

Quote Originally Posted by jdcnosse View Post
    ...I also thought I heard that VM would start data caps in 2012.
    Correct, though they originally planned on throttling heavy users this month, they put it off till 2012. Gotta get through the holiday sales season before they start pissing off customers.
    Recordist

ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

When they finally introduce the 2.5GB 3G cap, the T-Mobile 5GB 4G cap is going to look pretty sweet.

Sent via VM670

ROM
    Quattrimus AOKP / CM9

2.5GB... a month?
    that's like nothing! My family relies on tethering for internet because the only alternative is dial-up.. this is gonna suuuck.
    My questions never seem to cease

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

And that is one of the reasons they are doing it. Tethering is against the Terms of Service and why VM blocked it in the new 2.2.2 release of the Optimus V.