1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    MiRaGe 4-15-13

Default sms stopped working :(

My roommate has been using my phone to text his girlfriends. He has been doing this at least 4 hours a day for the last couple of weeks. (Almost every second I am home and not on my phone) Every thing has been working okay more or less, aside from a random missed text or two.

Last night though, I stopped receiving ANY text messages at all. People are able to receive my texts, but none get in. (I verified this by texting my Google Voice number.)

I did not get the insurance, since I knew that I would be rooting my phone to ROM it. I really can't afford a new one right now, so I have to try and troubleshoot it myself.

Problem is I have no idea how to troubleshoot sms. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix/troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I had already tried re-booting 3 times and it did not help. After reading somewhere that rebooting helped someone else, I decided to try it a 4th time and that worked?! Weird. Anyway its working now.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Last edited by Ronin Wolf; 11-13-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Draw attention to edit.

ROM
    modified BACKside

Default Re: sms stopped working :(

I sometimes like to power down the phone and pull the battery for 5 minutes or so, completely clear the system and start fresh, ya know?

Otherwise the only other thing I'd try would be to run the activate app again
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    MiRaGe 4-15-13

Quote Originally Posted by jdcnosse View Post
    I sometimes like to power down the phone and pull the battery for 5 minutes or so, completely clear the system and start fresh, ya know?
    Thanks jdcnosse. Next time this happens I will try that.

Otherwise the only other thing I'd try would be to run the activate app again
    I would have had to re-flash stock to do that, so I am really glad I didn't have to.

ROM
    modified BACKside

Haha yes, it's one of the reasons I like Harmonia

if its keep doing that, try to factory reset ..
    i use to get that problem n by faory resets helps for me...
    but think about it before u do it cause i dont wana be blame for it ahahahaha jk

phones are very personal. should probably try keeping it to yourself next time. avoids problems of other people screwing up your personal property