Lg optimus vm670 wont boost past virgin mobile logo splash

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
The problem with my phone is i used gingerbreak and rom manager to root my phone and also flash a new rom. Before i flashed the new rom i made a back up with clockwork via the rom manager app. Once i flashed the new rom it installed fine but i decided to revert back to my backup so in the rom manager app i selected to restore backup once i did that i saw it booted to a black screen but i felt that was normal since it did that the last time when i installed the new rom but this time it lasted more than half an hour so i decided to pull the batt. And restart yet when i did i found that it wouldnt load past the virgin mobile logo graphic. Ive searched many threads and have installed every file suggested and have gotten the hang of adb pretty well im just not able to flash the recovery or any rom. Also when i reboot into recovery it reboots to a black back lit screen. Please help.

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats one ive spent a few days researching ive loaded all the files they suggest to download to the root of my sd card and follow all adb commands yet once it completed the image flash i believe because after the last command a long series of executions typed out on my cmd prmpt after hitting enter yet when i rebooted into recovery the recovery was still a black screen and i did not know how to flash the rom

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Have you tried booting into recovery, wipe everything, and run restore from there? If that doesn't work than try downloading a new ROM, wipe everything, and install it. A stock backup would work too. Make sure you wait at least 10 minutes while the phone boots after backing up and/or installing new ROM.
ROM Manager messes up a lot of phones, I don't recommend using it.

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
How do i go about wiping the system do is it through flash_image eraseall command because if so i tried that but my recovery came without the utility thanks for ur suggestions im really needing help

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Also after i were to flash_image recovery and the command goes through and the next hash mark (#) appears underneath in the adb shell do i wait in that instance 10 min or do i go ahead and reboot recovery and then wait ?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Flash_image is used to put a new recovery on your phone. If your current recovery works, just boot into that by turning your phone off, then pressing the home, power, and volume down keys. There's menus in there for wiping everything down, and for restoring your backup.

Once you've either restored your backup or flashed a new ROM on, then reboot and give it up to ten minutes to boot.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My recovery doesnt work its a black screen any suggestions on how to wipe system data to reload the rom and image from scratch

If your recovery gives you a black screen, try flashing a recovery from that black screen thread using
Code:
flash_image recovery [i]recovery.img[/i]

Where recovery.img is the recovery that you downloaded. Then you can reboot into recovery by using "reboot recovery."

Now if you can't get into your ROM or recovery, then I believe there's steps in the black screen thread on how to flash the recovery through adb (the commands I posted above can be run via terminal emulator on your phone)

klown80

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
If your recovery gives you a black screen, try flashing a recovery from that black screen thread using
Code:
flash_image recovery [i]recovery.img[/i]

Where recovery.img is the recovery that you downloaded. Then you can reboot into recovery by using "reboot recovery."

Now if you can't get into your ROM or recovery, then I believe there's steps in the black screen thread on how to flash the recovery through adb (the commands I posted above can be run via terminal emulator on your phone)

HOw do you flash the recovery through adB? I have read and reread that black screen post and cant find anything about that. I only find a part about fixing the recovery for someone that is adb impaired and for someone that still can boot their rom. I can not do anything, not load rom or get into recovery (just a black screen). If I try to just let the phone load the rom, it gets stuck at the boot animation. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have ADB properly established in you system path.
Plug in your phone to your PC. Then open up a command prompt. Type in cd..
Then type in cd.. again. You should be at the root of your C drive.
Type in adb devices. You should see "list of devices attached " and a long series of numbers. If you see this you can proceed. If you get anything like " adb is not a recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file then you need to go here New pre-packaged ADB installation unplug your phone and install uSD card.
Now go here https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary and download either the xionia recovery version 1.2518.6 or the new BobZohme recovery found here VM670NH_recovery.img. Make sure you put the recovery(unzipped)on the root of your uSD card after you have renamed it "recovery.img". Also download the ROM and Gapps and put them on the root of the uSD card,but leave them zipped. Put uSD card back in phone. Plug phone into PC and check again.
If your good then type in cd cls, this should clear your screen but still leave you in the root of your C drive.
Next type in cd SDK/platform-tools.
Then type in: su(return) mount(sp)-o(sp)remount,rw(sp)-t(sp)yaffs2(sp)/system(sp)/system(return)flash_image(sp)recovery(sp)/sdcard/recovery.img(return) reboot(sp)recovery(return)

(sp)=this is where the spaces should be. Do not type this in.
(return)=Do not type this in just hit the return key.
You should now be in your recovery. To scroll use the up/down volume keys. If you have chosen the BobZohme recovery try the camera key to select an option or either the menu key or the home key. If you flashed xionia recovery try either the home key or menu key(if you choose one and it makes the screen go blank just hit it again and then use the other). This first thing(and most important) you need to do is go to the backup and restore section and select backup(this will make a backup of your current system in case you make a mistake with the ROM install).
Now you need to do all these things(this must be done when installing a new ROM or restoring a backup) 1.wipe cache partition. 2.wipe dalvik cache(advanced section) 3.wipe data/factory reset.Now that your rooted YOU MUST NEVER USE THE FACTORY RESET IN THE PRIVACY MENU ON THE PHONE 4.format boot,system,data,and cache 5.go to install zip from sd card 6.go to select zip from sd card,chose the ROM first. It will go thru the install procedure. When done go back to step 6. and select the gapps. When all this is done select reboot system now.

It will take 5-10min.for the initial reboot. If you installed a Gingerbread ROM You will be asked to sign in,skip this.

Now you can go to the market app and click on it and sign in to your google account(you must have your e-mail address and log in code).Reboot the phone twice then set up your apps. Once you get everything set up just the way you like it and all your apps are just where you want them,go back into your recovery and make a backup of that ROM. You can now delete the first backup if you need to (you might keep it if you ever need to revert back to stock to sell the phone).

If you want to install a theme all you have to do is go into the recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache,then do the same thing you did to install the ROM(theme must remain zipped) When you need to install an update to an installed ROM,all you have to do is wipe cache,and dalvik.

To change the boot animation if you are rooted(must remain zipped) go to /system/media(make sure that you have changed permission of the system from r/o to r/w) and delete the boot animation found there. Then copy the boot animation you have on the sd card and paste it where the old animation used to be(on next reboot it will be there). If your not roooted use ROMTools.

If your get a # after su you phone is properly rooted.
Next type in

Last edited:
Reactions: klown80

klown80

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Wow, if I cant get it fixed with those instructions, I need to just give up trying to do it myself.! Thanks for all the detail for sure. I figured it out already though it turns out that the answer was in the black screen thread, Bigsupersquid explained it in the very first post in that thread, serves me right for just skimming through the first time instead actually reading all of it. Thank you for such a precise answer though, if I need anymore help I know which 2 people to ask now. :)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, if I cant get it fixed with those instructions, I need to just give up trying to do it myself.! Thanks for all the detail for sure. I figured it out already though it turns out that the answer was in the black screen thread, Bigsupersquid explained it in the very first post in that thread, serves me right for just skimming through the first time instead actually reading all of it. Thank you for such a precise answer though, if I need anymore help I know which 2 people to ask now. :)
"
If you go to the "Rooting,ROM's and Hacks" sub- forum you will find many more members way more knowledgeable and experienced than myself. Two must reads( try not to skim over any of the material) are here http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-optimus-v-modding-read-get-started.html and here https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

Reactions: klown80

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21